corner corner The Tin Drum

by Gunther Grass | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by MrSamsa of Tucson, Arizona USA on 8/28/2009

status (set by QueenButterflyA): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by MrSamsa from Tucson, Arizona USA on Friday, August 28, 2009

This is part of a ton of books that I'm getting rid of before I move. I might write a review later, but no time now.

Journal Entry 2 by MrSamsa at Starbucks - Speedway & Country Club in Tucson, Arizona USA on Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (10/14/2009 UTC) at Starbucks - Speedway & Country Club in Tucson, Arizona USA

Left on a table outside.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Thursday, October 15, 2009

I found this book at the Starbucks at the corner of Speedway and County Club in Tucson, Arizona. I thought someone had lost it until I saw the little "Free Book" sticker on the front. I probably would not have picked it up but the little insignia on the cover is unique and then I saw that it is a copy of "The Tin Drum." I grew up in Oklahoma, which banned the film of this book. So I thought it was cool to see it in print. It is an older edition in great condition. Unfortunately, I am at a really busy point in the semester and I don't have the time to devote to a book of this caliber. I teach academic writing (you know, freshman composition) at one of the Pima Community College campuses here in Tucson. So I will be passing it on, but I am very inspired by this activity and plan to sign up a book or two from my collection.

CAUGHT IN TUCSON ARIZONA USA

Journal Entry 4 by QueenButterflyA from Tucson, Arizona USA on Thursday, October 15, 2009

I left a post on this early, under the anonymous user listing.