corner corner Out Stealing Horses

Out Stealing Horses
by Per Petterson | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingruzenawing of Vantaa, Uusimaa Finland on Sunday, August 23, 2009

status (set by Annimanni): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingruzenawing from Vantaa, Uusimaa Finland on Sunday, August 23, 2009

Original Ut og stjaele hester first published in 2003. Vintage Paperback 2006 264 pages.
Winner of the 2007 International IMPAC Dublin Award.

I've read this book as a ringbook, but wanted to have another copy, and have read it once more. A melancholic story, but I love its atmosphere and its peaceful text and the emotional tensions underneath.

-ruzena

Journal Entry 2 by wingruzenawing at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Monday, May 28, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/28/2012 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Happy Birthday to you!

Journal Entry 3 by LiskoMiettinen at Tornio, Lappi Finland on Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Oh my. I am really happy girl now. :) Thanks.

Journal Entry 4 by LiskoMiettinen at Tornio, Lappi Finland on Monday, March 18, 2013

I like this a lot. Maybe I should read more books from the author. I will get much more if I read in my own language but this was also very good in english language. I need to practise more about reading in foreign language so I can enjoy more. Maybe little by little.

Journal Entry 5 by LiskoMiettinen at Tornio, Lappi Finland on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (3/28/2013 UTC) at Tornio, Lappi Finland

Ajattelinkin viedä tämän postiin jo tänään. Kohti uusia seikkailuja.

Journal Entry 6 by wingChaniawing at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa Finland on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Thank you so much, looks like my kind of book - and the postcard is so lovely!!!

Journal Entry 7 by wingChaniawing at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa Finland on Saturday, April 20, 2013

I am going to join the "Virtuaalinen palkintokaappi" with this book, which is the Winner of the 2007 International IMPAC Dublin Award.

Journal Entry 8 by wingChaniawing at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa Finland on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Lovely book. Despite the harsh things that happened in the book, it was beautiful, silent, almost dreamlike. Maybe I will get another copy sometimes for my permanent collection, but this one will go to reserved books for a little while now.

Journal Entry 9 by wingChaniawing at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa Finland on Thursday, June 13, 2013

Sending forward now :)

Journal Entry 10 by wingerpaxwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa Finland on Monday, June 17, 2013

This book has been on my unofficial wish list. So, I was happy to find it on the shelf of "Tarna's Trophy Cabinet", the cupboard full of books that have won literary awards.

Many thanks, Chania, for placing this book into The Cupboard. Thanks for sharing, everyone!

(I pick two other books from Tarna's cupboard, but the rest of books in the cupboard I had either read or had them unread at my home. Annimanni was next in turn to peek into the cupboard... She had been waiting for that moment more than I had, and found only one book there. Because every bookcrosser has already too many books to read, I asked Annimanni if she would like to have some more by sharing the books I had crabbed. Thus, this book is reserved for Annimanni. I'll try to read this by "Klesäpäivät"...)

Journal Entry 11 by wingerpaxwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa Finland on Friday, August 16, 2013

I just love this melancholic and slowly unravelling story that makes the reader to think. The writing flows so smoothly! The book is atmospheric, capturing the mood of Norwegian nature and the flow of simple everyday life to create a novel which fully immerses the reader in Trond's life. Such a great combination of a tragic past, tensions, and... trees... :)

I wish I could keep this. At the same time, I'm very happy this story will get a new reader. Many thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 12 by wingerpaxwing at By hand, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Friday, August 16, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (8/17/2013 UTC) at By hand, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Siirtyy epävirallisena VPK-kirjana Annimannille virallisilla Klesäpäivillä. Tosi paljon kiitoksia tästä lukuaarteesta ruzenalle ja muille kirjaa kierrättäneille!

@Annimanni
Lähtökuopat Porin kesäpäiville kaivoin jo perusteellisesti nauttimalla tämän kirjan. Valitettavasti se toinen toivomasi kirja on vielä TBR-pinossa - ainakin melkein päällimmäisenä. Posti tuo sen sitten syksyllä.

Journal Entry 13 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa Finland on Saturday, August 17, 2013

The book's with me, thanks ever so much!