corner corner Deadly Duo

Deadly Duo
by Margery Allingham | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingbookczukwing of Charleston, South Carolina USA on Saturday, August 22, 2009

status (set by dakini6): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingbookczukwing from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Saturday, August 22, 2009

One of the multitudes of unregistered books in bumma's room when cancer claimed her June 28. She asked me to register and release her library for her. I do so in her memory and in her honor. She was the one who instilled my love of reading and of books. She was a fantastic mom and I miss her.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookczukwing from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Sunday, October 11, 2009

My project to distribute bumma's books was waylaid by the tragedy of my brother's murder and his wife's injuries suffered in a horrible attack and robbery in India. We are adjusting to the Eric and bumma-sized holes in our hearts, and building a bridge of love and memories across them to our life without them. Thank God for memories. This book was part of bumma's collection (though she may or may not have read it. It was in her room when she passed away.) I am sending it on to DoveiLibri now. Travel well, little book.

Journal Entry 3 by wingbookczukwing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Sunday, October 11, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (10/11/2009 UTC) at Fort Myers, Florida USA

To the future finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. This book is now yours to read, enjoy, keep or pass on to another reader. The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels. BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a heck of a lot of fun. Be on the lookout for other books left in the "Wild"!

PS And if you find yourself liking BookCrossing, Charleston has an active group of BookCrossers who meet monthly (second Sunday of the month) at various spots in the Tri-county area. Come join us! For more information, see our yahoo group here

Journal Entry 4 by Dove-i-libri from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Sunday, October 25, 2009

How many books could a bookczuk czuk if a bookczuk could czuk books???? HI!!!! thank you so much for sending this along from Bumma's legacy, I will be sure to read it and pass it along!

Added later: Just read your journal entries and remember reading about that horrible situation in India. Hoping you and your family can find comfort in your grief.

Journal Entry 5 by Dove-i-libri from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Wednesday, November 04, 2009

"Bumma's" book will be on its way to an adventure! I'm sending it out as a belated RABCK for the "Chocolate, Tea & Books sweepstakes." A British novel, a cuppa tea, and, well, concerned with the Florida weather melting REAL chocolate, I sent a chocolate scented bar of soap for a warm soak! Happy traveling, "Deadly Duo!"

Journal Entry 6 by Dove-i-libri at Chocolate, Tea and Books sweepstakes, RABCK Drawing Winner -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (11/7/2009 UTC) at Chocolate, Tea and Books sweepstakes, RABCK Drawing Winner -- Controlled Releases

CONTROLLED RELEASE NOTES: Flying off to Alaska to warm the heart of a fellow BookCrosser snuggled inside and waiting for their chocolate, tea and a book to while away those lonely Alaskan nights. How's THAT for drama? Or as Snoopy used to write, "It was a dark and stormy night."

Journal Entry 7 by dakini6 from Anchorage, Alaska USA on Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sorry to keep everyone waiting on the whereabouts of this book, and i guess thank god for tax season. Desperately searching for some missing receipts and found this stashed with some unopened mail. Thanks so much DoveiLibri for the generous RABCK (yay chocolate soap!!), and i'm honored to have one of Bumma's books. As time allows, will read and release.