corner corner Slam

Slam
by Nick Hornby | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Philosoraptor of Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany on 8/19/2009

status (set by Bibliokatze): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Philosoraptor from Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany on Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Funny and reminds one of the drama-filled days of our early teenage years; the goods days and the bad.

Journal Entry 2 by Philosoraptor at Bramhall, Cheshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (8/19/2009 UTC) at Bramhall, Cheshire United Kingdom

Sending this off for the winner of the UK "Never Won A RABCK Sweepstake" Sweepstake! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingredfox5wing from Camberley, Surrey United Kingdom on Friday, August 21, 2009

Thank you! This is not a book I would pick up for myself but I'll looking to stray from my usal genre. Sounds pretty good on the back. I look forward to reading it :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingredfox5wing from Camberley, Surrey United Kingdom on Monday, December 14, 2009

I loved this book! It made me laugh so much at one point I almost fell off my chair. Although this book has a serious undertone it's told in a light hearted way. Sam reminds me of one of my friends. And also reminds me of when I used to spend my time following older skater boys around. Those were the days! Thanks for introducing me to Nick Hornby. I think the rest of his books are going to find their way onto my wishlist :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingredfox5wing at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (12/29/2009 UTC) at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

This book is part of Chirel's Wishlist Cleaning Challenge & I hope the recipient won't mind me involving them in it also!
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingBooklover-IGBwing from Sankt Ingbert, Saarland Germany on Monday, January 11, 2010

Of course I appreciate that you checked out my wishlist. Thank you very much! This is BookCrossing - always be prepared for a surprise. This time the surprise is a not only the book itself but also the wishlist cleaning challenge as I never heard of this challenge before. I'll read this book after I finished some rings that the new year brought to me and than I'll also check which books of my shelf will make other BookCrossers happy.

Journal Entry 7 by wingBooklover-IGBwing from Sankt Ingbert, Saarland Germany on Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Finally I grabbed this book from my shelf and what shall I tell you - I enjoyed it very much. Teenage pregnancy is a serious issue but Hornby's way of telling the story (or: his way of letting Sam telling his story) is funny and warmhearted. It was interesting to hear the story from the boy's point of view as normally when talking about teenage pregnancy you only hear about the young mothers.

Journal Entry 8 by wingBooklover-IGBwing at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Saarland Germany on Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (3/10/2010 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Saarland Germany

To carry on the idea of the Wishlist Cleaning Challenge this book will be sent to Bibliokatze.

Journal Entry 9 by Bibliokatze from Wiesloch, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thank for sending this book to me. I will try to find another book that I can send to someone who has this book on his wishlist.