corner corner The Little Lady Agency and the Prince

The Little Lady Agency and the Prince
by Hester Browne | Literature & Fiction
Registered by deidramacleod of Natick, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, November 04, 2009

status (set by devinadouglas): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by deidramacleod from Natick, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, November 04, 2009

From Publishers Weekly
Melissa Romney-Jones, recently returned from New York, where she got engaged in the last installment (Little Lady, Big Apple) to handsome Jonathan Riley, is a proper British fixer for the romantically impaired. Now she's knee-deep in royal slime after she agrees to turn smarmy prince Nicolas von Helsing-Alexandros into a perfect gentleman. In short order, Melissa slides into her alter ego, Honey, a powerhouse goddess in skin-tight pencil skirts and bust-enhancing tops that help keep Nicky, with his wandering eye and womanizing ways, focused on her and her makeover attempts. Meanwhile, as Melissa and Jonathan plan their wedding, Jonathan devolves from wonderboy real estate guru and dreamy hunk to a controlling jerk, leading Melissa to believe her trusty best friend Nelson could be the man of her dreams. Browne is in great form in this page-turning love story, and Melissa is as endearing and empowering as ever—the perfect lead for this contemporary fairy tale.
____________________________________

This book wasn't as compelling to read as the first two Little Lady Agency books. Maybe it's not as fresh, or maybe I'm outgrowing the genre, but I didn't love this book like the others. That said, it's still decent for chick lit.

Now I'm sending it to a PaperbackSwap member in Morro Bay, CA.

Journal Entry 2 by devinadouglas at Morro Bay, California USA on Sunday, February 19, 2012

I was the Morro Bay recipient and this sat on my shelf for 2 years. Oops. Just started it.