corner corner Trace Evidence

Trace Evidence
by Elizabeth Becka | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 8/25/2009

status (set by KawasakiBabe): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Amazon Editorial Review:
A gripping suspense novel that introduces forensic expert Evelyn James as she tries to decipher trace evidence and solve a bizarre crime t's a cold Cleveland November day when forensic trace evidence expert Evelyn James is summoned to the scene of a bizarre crime. A young woman has been forcibly drowned, her feet chained and sunk in cement. When a second young victim is connected to a prominent family, all hell breaks loose, and the police-and Evelyn-are up against it to find the murderer. Evelyn just wants to get the job done, but is pulled into a web of conflicting loyalties, unexpected relationships, and professional betrayal. When Evelyn suspects that her own teenage daughter has become a pawn in the killer's plans, she must remain true to herself and her skills and follow the evidence to the murderer's door.

(ex-library book)

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, July 18, 2010

Reasonable forensic thriller, which while I did enjoy it, didn't quite grip me as much as I was hoping it would. Evelyn James, the forensic scientist that the book features, is an engaging enough character & I would expect to see her...probably along with David Milaski...appearing in further books. While I won't be hunting them down, I'd be happy to read any that come my way.

Read as part of the 2010 ULTIMATE CHALLENGE &
the 2010 REDUCE MT TBR Challenge (#63)

Will be released as part of the SEPTEMBER SAPPHIRE Challenge (will probably be donated to a charity shop as is too big to fit in my handbag!)

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at The Samaritans Charity Shop in Elland, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 04, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (9/4/2010 UTC) at The Samaritans Charity Shop in Elland, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Released as part of the 2010 ULTIMATE CHALLENGE &
the SEPTEMBER SAPPHIRE Challenge (# 5)

If you're reading this then you've found a travelling book!

The point of releasing book into the "wild" is that they are a free gift from the bookcrosser to the finder.However, in this case, the book was given as a donation to
the Samaritans Charity Shop
so you will have had to pay for it. Thank you for purchasing it & contributing to the charity.

Or maybe you found it else where....if so, please tell us where it has travelled to!

I hope you enjoy reading it & when you've read it, why not do entry to say where it's going next & then all it's readers, past & present, will be able to follow it's travels.

(If you decide to join in the fun at bookcrossing, please consider putting me, Plum-crazy as your referring member.....help spread the words!)

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Elland, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, September 24, 2010

Well - there's a thing; went into the Samaritans' Charity Shop in Elland to browse the books - what did I see? A book crossing sticker on this book. How does a girl resist!!
Thank you Plum-Crazy. (Picked up a few in Elland Library too, for just 20p each!

Journal Entry 5 by KawasakiBabe at Elland, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, September 24, 2010

Looking forward to reading it - this won't be released too quickly asI've got a pile of TBR's!
Review and release will (eventually) follow!

Journal Entry 6 by KawasakiBabe at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, July 03, 2011

This kept me quiet for a couple of days - and I didn't work out "whodunnit" until towaards the end.
It even finishes on a mad act of bravado - just in the nick of time for understated hero to rescue tragic heroine: ahhh, the unlikely stuff that bloke-movies are made of. Worth a try.

Journal Entry 7 by KawasakiBabe at Forget-Me-Not Trust Charity Shop in Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, August 01, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (8/2/2011 UTC) at Forget-Me-Not Trust Charity Shop in Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Thank you for taking the time to visit us at book-crossing. You may remain anonymous or you may wish to join; it's free, and spam free, and you are only known by your chosen nick name.
Whatever your decision, please let us know here where you picked up the book, what you think of it, and what you decide to do with it, so previous and future readers can follow its progress around the world.
Happy reading.