corner corner The Night of Four Hundred Rabbits

The Night of Four Hundred Rabbits
by Elizabeth Peters | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingbluenoserwing of Eymet, Aquitaine France on 6/7/2003

status (set by chelseagirl): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingbluenoserwing from Eymet, Aquitaine France on Saturday, June 07, 2003

Picked it up at a "Frenchy's" today. TBR

Journal Entry 2 by loopy1 from Herne Bay, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 09, 2003

It's arrived! Thank you, and thank you for the postcard - I now know where your name came from :-)
I look forward to reading this one, and I like its slip cover.

Journal Entry 3 by loopy1 from Herne Bay, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 30, 2003

That postcard came in handy as a bookmark - now I'll keep it and put in a new one for the next reader.
I took a couple of days out from ring/ray books over Christmas to read this one, so it can now go in the mystery/thriller bookbox.
A nice, fairly gentle, thought-provoking thriller. Now I want to visit Mexico!

Carol hasn't seen or heard of her father since he walked out on her and her mother 10 years ago. Now someone has been sending her newspaper cuttings placing him in Mexico, so she travels out to find him. What she finds is past and present blended in a frightening way.
I think some of the ideas in this book will stay with me for a while. Thanks for sharing this :-)

Journal Entry 4 by LeighBCD on Friday, January 16, 2004

I have just received this in the UK mystery bookbox set up by loopy1.

This looks good and I will definitely give it a try. I am also registering the novel mainly to find out what happens to it after I send the book box on its way again. If anybody would like this book while it is still in my custody, it will be available for trade (I will replace it with an equivalent mystery book in the box if that should happen).

I will be back!

Journal Entry 5 by LeighBCD on Wednesday, January 28, 2004

I skim-read this... I think the main reason is that I found the book slightly dated. This is me - I am having trouble getting into any mystery/thriller novels that do not have blood and entrails spewed everywhere! It is a shame as the Mexico setting appealed to me. I am glad I gave the novel a go, though.

I wonder where the "Norwood Seniors Centre" is located and who enjoyed this book before it landed in bluenoser's hands?

Journal Entry 6 by LeighBCD on Sunday, February 08, 2004

The book has been returned to the box and is on its way to YowlYY.

Journal Entry 7 by YowlYY on Thursday, February 12, 2004

Part of the UK mystery/thriller book box (thanks LeighBCD for the surprise, and to loopy1 for starting this!). It will be travelling to the next on the list... Chelseagirl :-)

Journal Entry 8 by chelseagirl from Faringdon, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, February 20, 2004

I'm going to keep this book, I'm very interested in Mexico (hope to go there one day )and although this looks quite old fashioned the storyline is intriguing - and the title is wonderful!