corner corner The Hot Zone: A Terrifying True Story

The Hot Zone: A Terrifying True Story
by Richard Preston | Nonfiction
Registered by LarkOnapost of Montevideo, Montevideo Uruguay on Saturday, July 25, 2009

status (set by Dawnkey): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LarkOnapost from Montevideo, Montevideo Uruguay on Saturday, July 25, 2009

This was culled from my parents' collection in Columbia, MD.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmelydiawing from Centreville, Virginia USA on Sunday, July 26, 2009

Picked this up at today's meetup. I plan to release it in Reston, Virginia, where the book takes place.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmelydiawing at Reston Town Center in Reston, Virginia USA on Sunday, August 23, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (8/23/2009 UTC) at Reston Town Center in Reston, Virginia USA

Since this book takes place in Reston, it seems a fitting release.

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 4 by Dawnkey from Reston, Virginia USA on Saturday, September 19, 2009

My husband and I were out pushing our twin 3 month old boys in their double stroller when we found the book at Reston Town Center. We're both English teachers, so free books are always something we can't pass up. My husband had read it already. He's from the area and remembers the outbreak, which is just down the road from our house actually. He had showed me many times where the monkey house was and I never really thought much of it nor did I know what Ebola was. Then when I found this, book I decided I really needed to read it. I'm actually not quite finished. It takes awhile to read anything with twin baby boys, but I'm about 3/4 of the way done and I've really enjoyed it. It's well written and keeps the reader in suspense all the time. I have to admit that I might not be as intrigued if this hadn't all happend a few blocks from where I live now. I might release it in New York in a few weeks. I've really put some wear and tear into it.

CAUGHT IN RESTON VIRGINIA USA

Journal Entry 5 by Dawnkey at *see release notes for details in Brooklyn, New York USA on Monday, October 25, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (8/25/2010 UTC) at *see release notes for details in Brooklyn, New York USA

I had a friend take it up to Brooklyn when she went to visit. She left it there but I'm not sure where...