corner corner A Parrot in the Pepper Tree

A Parrot in the Pepper Tree
by Chris Stewart | Travel
Registered by ETMadrid of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 7/25/2009

status (set by ETMadrid): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by ETMadrid from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, July 25, 2009

In exchange for a donation, I picked this up at the Greenwich Ecology Park, I think it's called, where they have a good collection of books, wildlife and it is free to get in. It is just east of the O2 venue on the Thames path.

Journal Entry 2 by ETMadrid at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, April 04, 2013

I have just finished this. I was wanting to read a light, hopefully funny book, of which I don't have a big choice... But this was just that. (I'd now like to move onto another, but I think it's the only one on my shelves that can be thus described!) The parrot (or rather parakeet) was not a main character but certainly made for delightful reading whenever he did feature. Let's hope the water in the dam never reaches the home land they tend and the home they have made.

I'll probably keep this one for husband or friends.

Journal Entry 3 by ETMadrid at Rotherhithe, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (9/25/2013 UTC) at Rotherhithe, Greater London United Kingdom

I gave this to a friend as we were talking about going 'off grid' (a new phrase to me!) in Spain...

Journal Entry 4 by ETMadrid at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, February 03, 2014

This has just come back to me. My friend loved it so much she has now read all his books (I only knew of this and the first he'd written but there are more) and even been on holiday in the Alpujarras - a successful share!

Journal Entry 5 by ETMadrid at Abington, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (2/14/2017 UTC) at Abington, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom

Lent to my sister-in-law who loved the first book in the series that I found for her!