corner corner Strange Affair

Strange Affair
by Peter Robinson | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by Gyd of Barcelona, Barcelona Spain on Thursday, July 23, 2009

status (set by rubiconcultura): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Gyd from Barcelona, Barcelona Spain on Thursday, July 23, 2009

From Amazon.co.uk:
When Alan Banks receives a disturbing message from his brother, Roy, he abandons the peaceful Yorkshire Dales for the bright lights of London, to seek him out. But Roy seems to have vanished into thin air. Meanwhile, DI Annie Cabbot is called to a quiet stretch of road just outside Eastvale, where a young woman has been found dead in her car. In the victim's pocket, scribbled on a slip of paper, police discover Banks' name and address. Living in Roy's empty South Kensington house, Banks finds himself digging into the life of the brother he never really knew, nor even liked. And as he begins to uncover a few troubling surprises, the two cases become sinisterly entwined.

Another very enjoyable read by Mr. Robinson.

On its way to Madrid now :)

Journal Entry 2 by florriebelle from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Tuesday, September 15, 2009

TBR - thanks to Gyd!

Some very special people belong to Bookcrossing, I've always known that, but a new country has multiplied that feeling!

Journal Entry 3 by florriebelle from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Sunday, November 15, 2009

This one did not capture me like other Peter Robinson novels have done. I am not sure why, it seemed to lack the usual tension but improved towards the end. Maybe it was just me, with a lot on my mind whilst I was reading this!

Probably to be handed over to my newest Bookcrossing recruit... so new in fact she probably still hasn't actually signed up! But what better than a book to encourage her!

Journal Entry 4 by florriebelle at Paseo de coches del Retiro in Madrid * Liberación Masiva Madrileña, Madrid Spain on Saturday, May 01, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (5/1/2010 UTC) at Paseo de coches del Retiro in Madrid * Liberación Masiva Madrileña, Madrid Spain

From Gyd.... I do still actually buy books!

Journal Entry 5 by rubiconcultura at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (12/6/2011 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain