corner corner Dark Summer

Dark Summer
by Iris Johansen | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingBkind2bookswing of Clarksville, Tennessee USA on 7/11/2009

status (set by grubsneerg): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingBkind2bookswing from Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Saturday, July 11, 2009

From the backcover:

Devon Brady is a devoted veterinarian working in a makeshift hospital on a remote search and rescue mission. When a man arrives with his wounded black Lab named Ned, Devon has no idea that she’s about to be plunged into a whirlwind of terror and destruction…
Jude Marrock is out for revenge—and he has no choice but to involve Devon in a high-stakes cat-and-mouse game with an escalating body count. She doesn’t trust Jude one bit… but when the shots start flying and friends start falling, Devon finds herself with nowhere else to run. And there are innocent lives, both human and animal, at stake, including Ned and his mysterious pack. Is Jude her salvation or her damnation? Are the secrets he’s protecting worth killing for—or dying for?

RABCK for the Book & Bookmark winner - Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 2 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Saturday, July 18, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (7/18/2009 UTC) at Clarksville, Tennessee USA

Mailed to the Book & Bookmark winner today

Journal Entry 3 by Shemchin from Plano, Texas USA on Friday, July 24, 2009

Bkind2books - Thank you for all the surprise goodies and this wish list book. Will read it as soon as possible and then send it on it's journey!

Journal Entry 4 by Shemchin from Plano, Texas USA on Thursday, July 30, 2009

This book was awesome!

Now to continue on it's journey.....

Journal Entry 5 by Shemchin at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, August 06, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (7/31/2009 UTC) at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA

RABCK - Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 6 by winggrubsneergwing from Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What a fabulous surprise to find this, several other books, wonderful labels, and other goodies waiting for me in my mailbox when I got home from work. Thank you, shemchin, for the "Christmas is a feeling that lasts all year long" RABCK!

Journal Entry 7 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, February 23, 2015

I started out really liking this book, excited for the thriller that was unfolding, but somewhere in the middle, it veered off into a romance novel and stayed firmly on that road. This was about the same time that every character started referring to the main character, who was of Apache and Spanish descent, as a half-breed. Not just once, not as a friendly jest, but repeatedly as an insult. Does that prejudice really exist in this day and age (or even in 2008, when this was written)? I'm afraid that ruined even the romance part for me, but your mileage may vary.

Journal Entry 8 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (2/24/2015 UTC) at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA

Passed along to Sister No. 3 to read and most likely return.

Journal Entry 9 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, March 15, 2015

Back from Sister No. 3, an Iris Johansen fan, so I think she liked it. Who's next?

Journal Entry 10 by winggrubsneergwing at Little Free Library #1670, Twin Lakes Expansion in Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (5/20/2015 UTC) at Little Free Library #1670, Twin Lakes Expansion in Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA

Left in the Little Free Library around 4:30 p.m.

Congratulations--you caught a book!

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, we encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun and free, and your personal information will never be shared or sold. If you decide to join, consider listing grubsneerg (or any other journaller of this book) as the member who referred you.