corner corner Lunatic Soup: A True Story of Murder, Mayhem and Madness in Maximum Security

Lunatic Soup: A True Story of Murder, Mayhem and Madness in Maximum Security
by Andrew Roderick Fraser | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by Pat-the-Rat of Bunbury, Western Australia Australia on 7/9/2009

status (set by seldombites): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Pat-the-Rat from Bunbury, Western Australia Australia on Thursday, July 09, 2009

At the top of his game, top defence lawyer Andrew Fraser saw cocaine as another trapping of success. He didn’t realise it would lead him into a $1000-a-day drug habit that would land him in prison. Convicted and disbarred, Fraser became the confi dant of one of Australia’s most notorious serial killers, Peter Dupas. What he learned made him the Homicide Squad’s secret weapon. Angry at his treatment in jail and at his excessive sentence, the long-time defence lawyer enjoyed the irony of his situation: the authorities who destroyed his career now needed his cooperation. There was never any doubt that Andrew would give evidence, even though he knew that the defence would try to destroy his credibility, dredging up the past he so desperately wanted to forget. Fraser paints a vivid picture of the grim, terrifying and futile reality of maximumsecurity prison life and of his time spent with the murderers, psychopaths and paedophiles. Lunatic Soup relates his harrowing experiences of the justice system, as a prisoner, and on the stand as a witness in a murder trial.

Journal Entry 2 by seldombites at Rockhampton, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Hello Kitty Thanks

G'day,

Just checking in to let you know I am safe and sound. I am having a nice visit with fairy-whispers before continuing on my travels. I hope you’re having as much fun as I am!

With Great Affection,