corner corner Geology

Geology
by Richard M Pearl | Children's Books
Registered by wingbookczukwing of Charleston, South Carolina USA on 7/1/2009

status (set by missinginvoice): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingbookczukwing from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, July 01, 2009

One of the multitudes of unregistered books in bumma's room when cancer claimed her June 28. She asked me to register and release her library for her. I do so in her memory and in her honor. She was the one who instilled my love of reading and of books. She was a fantastic mom and I miss her.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookczukwing at Mt Pleasant OBCZ in -- Wild Released somewhere in state --, South Carolina USA on Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (7/7/2009 UTC) at Mt Pleasant OBCZ in -- Wild Released somewhere in state --, South Carolina USA

At Chucktown Coffee

To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. This book is now yours to read, enjoy, keep or pass on to another reader. The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels. BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a heck of a lot of fun.

PS And if you find yourself liking BookCrossing, Charleston has an active group of BookCrossers who meet monthly (second Sunday of the month) at various spots in the Tri-county area. Come join us! For more information, see our yahoo group here! Be on the lookout for other books left in the "Wild"!

Journal Entry 3 by missinginvoice from Charlotte, North Carolina USA on Monday, October 12, 2009

I was leaving a beautiful vacation on my way home to Charlotte when my friends stopped by Chucktown Coffee. I saw the sign about BookCrossing and looked through the available books. I love rocks, crystals and have many different types in my home. I tend to collect or buy them when I travel. I saw the Geology book and thought it would be interesting to learn some science behind those wonderful, energetic stones. I also loved the age of the book ...1960! Love the "old school" cover and the fact that it's original price was $1.75.
I am so sorry for your loss. Your mother sounds like an intelligent, loving mom. I have been living with breast cancer for over 9 years. It's such a life changing disease in so many ways and for so many people. Please know I will treasure this book and think of your mom has I'm learning how crystals form. Thank you for releasing it.