corner corner Zorro

Zorro
by Isabel Allende | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingdelfinnettiwing of Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on 6/28/2009

status (set by annenz): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingdelfinnettiwing from Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, June 28, 2009

Blurb:
Beneath the mask, there is a man. And in his heart burn the fires of injustice...

Duels at dawn, fierce battles with pirates and impossible rescues - these are the deeds that forged the legend of Zorro. But where did the man begin?
South California, late 18th century: Diego de la Vega is a child of two worlds, his father an aristocratic Spaniard, his mother a Shoshone warrior. Growing up he witnesses the brutal injustice dealt to Native Americans. Later, following the example of his fencing master, the young Diego joins a secret movement devoted to helping the powerless. His first stps on the road to heroism have been taken.
But a great rival will emerge from the ranks of the curel oppressors. How will Zorro defeat him? And will his secret sweetheart claim the prize she so longs for - his true love?

Out of a big ebay book-package. One of the books I don´t intend to read.

Journal Entry 2 by wingdelfinnettiwing at Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, June 29, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (6/29/2009 UTC) at Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

The book is on it´s way to Moriquen as a surprise RABCK. Since I recieved some surprise RABCK in the last years, I allways take a look on RABCK.com when I have a book I would otherwise "just" wild-release.
I hope the book is in the right language and you still want to read it. If not, just release it, hand it to anybody interested, put in an OBCZ... Greetings from Germany!

Journal Entry 3 by Moriquen from Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Tuesday, July 07, 2009

This morning I was slowly folding laundry and putting it away, when the postman rang saying he had a package. I was very curious as I wasn't expecting any rings any time soon. So I sped out of my door trying to get to the package. However I was ambushed by my neighbour. A sweet old lady that used to be friends with my grandmother. She had some little problems and asked if I could come in and help her. And however curious I was about the package, you just can't say no to a sweet, little, old lady.
About an hour later I could finally go and pick this book up, by this time anticipation had built up considerably! To my great surprise the package contained a wislist book. Thank you soooo very much delfinnetti. I just know that I'll really enjoy this book. Biiig hugs 'nd kisses from Belgium!

Journal Entry 4 by Moriquen from Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Monday, August 17, 2009

Well the book was a little different from what I had expected. I think in my head I was still thinking about the Zorro series they used to play on TV (Not the black and white ones though!) and as a little girl I just looooved them. This is more a tale of the beginning of Zorro. How the man behind the mask came to be and in fact what inspired the beginning of the man named Zorro. I liked the book a lot and loved the character Isabel amond others. I only feel sorry that in the middle Bernardo disappeared not to resurface until the end of the story. Thanks again for sending it my way delfinnetti!

Journal Entry 5 by Moriquen at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (8/18/2009 UTC) at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

This book first started its journey as a wishlist RABCK and it's going to continue its journey as a wishlist RABCK! I hope you'll enjoy the book annenz!

Journal Entry 6 by annenz from Greymouth, West Coast New Zealand on Monday, August 24, 2009

Awesome, thanks so much!!

Journal Entry 7 by annenz from Greymouth, West Coast New Zealand on Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Finished reading this last night and loved it from start to finish!! Was probably expecting it to be a little like the tv series but still enjoyed it!

Journal Entry 8 by annenz at Greymouth, West Coast New Zealand on Monday, June 14, 2010

Now travelling to another avid reader in Auckland, NZ.