corner corner The Alchemist

The Alchemist
by Paulo Coelho | Literature & Fiction
Registered by sternenwolf of Steffenberg, Hessen Germany on 6/26/2009

status (set by sternenwolf): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by sternenwolf from Steffenberg, Hessen Germany on Friday, June 26, 2009

Heard a much positive critics about the author. Know I'm going to prove them on my own.
The Alchemist counts for the 1 year- 1 country Challenge for Brazil, for the 1000 Book-Challenge and reading project "Lieblingsbücher der Deutschen"!

Nice book, but I’m not very religious so there were a few things that I don’t like soooo much.
The travel of the young shepherd to find his own Personal Legend was okay but all the referrels to God or Allah... Well and the fact that all is written and fate and none of our life is free will... No these are things I can’t agree with, ‘cause I like the thought of free will and that I could decide how to live. But I like the idea of the Personal Legend and that everybody has one to live a lucky live and of the language of all things... Can’t these things exist without a God who decides over our lives?!
The book is easy to read, written in a very easy style. So you can read it in one ore two sittings (its only 160 pages long) and also the English is very easy to understand.
Okay I think that's it.

Ray:
1.Nukegara- München, Bayern
2.Charly83- Nordhorn, Niedersachsen
3.Mary-T- Mannheim, BaWü <- Da ist es jetzt!

Evtl. über mich nach:
Österreich
1.mysticcat- Wien, Österreich

Journal Entry 2 by sternenwolf at sent to another BookCrosser, Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, January 11, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (1/11/2010 UTC) at sent to another BookCrosser, Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Macht sich mit der Post auf den Weg zu Nukegara.
Ich wünsche allen Teilnehmern viel Spaß beim Lesen!

Journal Entry 3 by Nukegara on Wednesday, January 13, 2010

War heute in der Post.
Vielen Dank, ich freu mich schon aufs Lesen!

Makes you rethink your life: very impressive how simple and yet full of meaning and depth this book is!

Journal Entry 4 by Nukegara at München, Bayern Germany on Friday, February 05, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (2/5/2010 UTC) at München, Bayern Germany

On its way to Charly83, ready to share its wisdom :-)

Journal Entry 5 by Charly83 from Schwerin, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Germany on Friday, February 12, 2010

The book arrived today and I'm prepared for its wisdom ;) Thanks to Nukegara for sending it over.

Journal Entry 6 by Charly83 from Schwerin, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Germany on Tuesday, February 23, 2010

This is an awesome book. If a book is able to change my life or my thinking it will be this one. I wasn't able to sleep the last nights because I had to think about the words and advises given in the book. I rarly read such good ones.

The book will spread its wisdom to the next reader as soon as I have Mary-T's address.

Journal Entry 7 by Mary-T from Bretzfeld, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Sunday, February 28, 2010

This one arrived some days ago.
Thanks - my boyfriend, PatrickDummy, will check it out first...

19-Jul-10
Really a fast read.
Sorry that it was lying around unread for so long.
I liked the book very much. But after the end I have to admit that I liked the beginning far more than the end. I didn't like how the story ended at all.
I'm not a religous person, but the talking about it in this book didn't disturb me a bit.
I will be on the look-out for more books by this author now. ;)

PatrickDummy has another chance till the weekend; afterwards I will ask for the next address...

Thanks for this nice ring.

Journal Entry 8 by sternenwolf at Steffenberg, Hessen Germany on Saturday, August 28, 2010

Ah den Journaleitrag vergessen... Das Buch ist wieder sicher daheim angekommen und wartet nun darauf das mysticcat mir ihre Adresse schickt damit es weiter gehen kann!

Journal Entry 9 by sternenwolf at Steffenberg - Niedereisenhausen Sparkasse in Steffenberg, Hessen Germany on Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (12/22/2010 UTC) at Steffenberg - Niedereisenhausen Sparkasse in Steffenberg, Hessen Germany

Hägt am Bäumchen vor der Sparkasse in seinem Beutel und wartet auf neue Leser!Lieber Finder, liebe Finderin,Herzlichen Glückwunsch du hats ein Bookcrossing-Buch gefunden. Dieses Buch wurde absichtlich hier freigelassen, damit es die Welt und viele neue Lesen kennen lernen kann.Über einen kleinen Eintrag wo du es gefunden hast und was du nun damit vor hast (lesen, wieder freilassen) würde ich mich sehr freuen. Das kannst du völlig anonym machen und ist natrülich kostenlos und spamfrei. Du kannst dich aber auch hier anmelden falls du selber ein paar Bücher auf die Reise schicken möchtest. Auch das ist kostenlos und absolut spamfrei! Liebe Grüße und viel Spaß mit deinem Findelbuch,Sternenwolf