corner corner Atonement

Atonement
by Ian McEwan | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Bopa of Timperley, Cheshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 24, 2009

status (set by Triggerfish): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Bopa from Timperley, Cheshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 24, 2009

If you watched the film first, you might find the book a bit overlong! However, it does give you a much more rounded version of the story. You actually understand why Briony does what she does and you get to learn how it affects her later life, whereas the film rather concentrates on the Robbie/Cecilia love story. I did find the account of Robbie's journey to Dunkirk almost unbearable to read as my father was in the war (thank goodness, not on the beach at Dunkirk). We need to be reminded about what it was like for that generation, I think. Born during one war, brought up during the depression, their young adulthood stolen by a second war.

Journal Entry 2 by Bopa at Manchester, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Saturday, June 27, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (6/27/2009 UTC) at Manchester, Greater Manchester United Kingdom

took this to the Saturday BC meeting - I think it is going to be taken to the Edinburgh Unconvention later.

Journal Entry 3 by Triggerfish from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, July 04, 2009

Rescued from left over pile at Uncon for release elsewhere.

Journal Entry 4 by Triggerfish at Somewhere suitable in Elie, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, July 05, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (7/5/2009 UTC) at Somewhere suitable in Elie, Scotland United Kingdom

WElcome to bookcrossing! Please make journal entry to say you have this book ( anon if you wish) and then read and set free again!