corner corner Strawberry Girl

Strawberry Girl
by Lois Lenski | Children's Books
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 7/5/2009

status (set by hyphen8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, July 05, 2009

1946 Newbery Medal winner about a family living in Florida during the early 1900s. I had never heard the term Florida Cracker before; I've seen some opinions that it's a derogatory term, but the characters in this book identify themselves that way and are proud of it.

Florida is one of the states I've already been to, but I'd like to go again, not just for the theme parks, but also for the Kennedy Space Center. It's the Sunshine State and was the 27th to join the union.

Florida state flag taken from the Flags of the World (FOTW) website and converted to jpg format. All credits for flag graphics are as shown at FOTW.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at McDonald's Ward next to Sports Authority in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (7/15/2009 UTC) at McDonald's Ward next to Sports Authority in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Phone booth between Sports Authority & McDonald's.

This book was set free to find a new reader; I'm so glad you've found it!

If you're new to Bookcrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community and learn about what it has to offer.

Free your books - help spread the words!