corner corner One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest

One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest
by Ken Kesey | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingAylaMeywing of Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands on Wednesday, June 17, 2009

status (set by Elskaliam): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingAylaMeywing from Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands on Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"Boisterous, ribald, and ultimately shattering, Ken Kesey's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is the seminal novel of the 1960s that has left an indelible mark on the literature of our time. Here is the unforgettable story of a mental ward and its inhabitants, especially the tyrannical Big Nurse Ratched and Randle Patrick McMurphy, the brawling, fun-loving new inmate who resolves to oppose her. We see the struggle through the eyes of Chief Bromden, the seemingly mute half-Indian patient who witnesses and understands McMurphy's heroic attempt to do battle with the awesome powers that keep them all imprisoned"

Journal Entry 2 by wingAylaMeywing at Bookcrossing Guldheden (GC1FTTJ) in -- Geocache, Västergötland Sweden on Monday, July 06, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (7/3/2009 UTC) at Bookcrossing Guldheden (GC1FTTJ) in -- Geocache, Västergötland Sweden

Hello dear finder of this book,

I hope you'll like the idea and practice of BookCrossing. I also hope you’ll make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!) If you do choose to join, you can choose to use me, AylaMey, as your referring member.

Feel free to take the time and read this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels. You'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by koeneman from Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Sunday, October 18, 2009

Found this book in my geocache "Bookcrossing Guldheden" when I took it home with me for owner maintenance. I have already read this book, so I will send it onwards on its journey.

(Leuk om een Nederlands boek in mijn cache in Zweden te krijgen... :-)

Journal Entry 4 by koeneman at Bookcrossing Guldheden (GC1FTTJ) in -- Geocache, Västergötland Sweden on Saturday, January 02, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (1/2/2010 UTC) at Bookcrossing Guldheden (GC1FTTJ) in -- Geocache, Västergötland Sweden

It is in a geocache. Go find it at geocaching.com!

Journal Entry 5 by stadsalv at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Saturday, July 02, 2011

Found it in the bookcrossing cache!

Journal Entry 6 by stadsalv at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Thursday, July 21, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (7/20/2011 UTC) at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden

I released the book in the bag of a good friend who is into bookcrossing while she was looking another way. Finished it the day before.

Lovely summer day with sailing and pizza on the cliffs in good company!

Journal Entry 7 by mermia at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Thursday, July 21, 2011

Got happy and surprised when I found it in my bag. Are going to read it and then let it travel, probably in the north part of Sweden this time.

Journal Entry 8 by mermia at Uppsala, Uppland Sweden on Sunday, May 06, 2012

Finished the last week and I really enjoyed it. It is a wonderful book and well worth reading.

Journal Entry 9 by mermia at Uppsala, Uppland Sweden on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (5/15/2012 UTC) at Uppsala, Uppland Sweden

The book is now on its way to a fellow bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 10 by Elskaliam at Hässleholm, Skåne Sweden on Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Thank you! Wow! I've wanted to read this for a long time! :-)