corner corner Captain Corelli's Mandolin

Captain Corelli's Mandolin
by Louis de Bernieres | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Journeymouse of Barnoldswick, Lancashire United Kingdom on 6/1/2003

status (set by spunkeesunshine): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Journeymouse from Barnoldswick, Lancashire United Kingdom on Sunday, June 01, 2003

A beautiful story

Journal Entry 2 by Hawkette from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Has arrived at my door as a RABAK. Thanks Journeymouse! I will put it on my to-be-read pile.

Journal Entry 3 by Hawkette from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, June 15, 2003

Promised to spunkeesunshine, in a trade. I will read soon, and pass it on.

Journal Entry 4 by Hawkette from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Monday, August 18, 2003

This book is full of emotional ups and downs. Love around the horrors of war. And individual spirit.
I had heard bad reports about this book from a friend, and I can understand where she was coming from...but you need to stick it out. The initial chapters seem a bit all over the place, but the developing story of Carlos keeps you going, and then the depths of the characters are established, and then you're hooked!
I found the very last image a little odd, given tht it didn't really polish things off for me. I mean, sure, lost youth and all, but, hmmm...

Journal Entry 5 by Hawkette at Post Office in Kew, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Released on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 at Post Office in Kew, Victoria Australia.

Have sent to fellow BookCrosser....

Journal Entry 6 by spunkeesunshine on Wednesday, September 10, 2003

A wonderful surprise from Australia! :) Thank you so much, Hawkette!