corner corner Girl with a Pearl Earring

Girl with a Pearl Earring
by Tracy Chevalier | Literature & Fiction
Registered by OSO-189982 on 5/31/2003

status (set by ladybugscrapper): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by OSO-189982 on Saturday, May 31, 2003

I liked this book. Unfortunately, I probably would have liked it more if I hadn't read Girl in Hyacinth Blue first. I had a hard time with the two very different interpretations of Vermeer and his wife. I had liked the Vermeer in Girl in Hyacinth Blue. Consequently, I ended up feeling a little peeved at Vermeer in Girl with a Pearl Earring.
Despite my problem with characterization, it's a beautifully written novel

Journal Entry 2 by OSO-189982 on Saturday, June 07, 2003

Off to Canada to RealBookWorm. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by RealBookWorm on Thursday, June 19, 2003

Just received this in the mail today. Thanks so much softdrink.

Journal Entry 4 by RealBookWorm on Friday, February 11, 2005

Well, it took me long enough to get to this book on Mt TBR but it sure didn't take me long to read it! I started reading it late last night and I finished it earlier this evening.

I really enjoyed this book. I haven't read any other books about Vermeer so I had nothing to compare this story to. I found the writing style easy to read, the story easy to follow and very interesting.

I thank you again softdrink for sending this good book along to me. It's now available to go to someone else.

Journal Entry 5 by RealBookWorm on Wednesday, July 06, 2005

This book will be put in the mail in the next little while when we go to Maine to visit our relatives. I'm not sure what day we're going yet so I can't say for sure what day this will hit the mail.

I'm sending it to Oregon (along with Season of the Machete and The Associate) to ladybugscrapper in trade for some of her books.

Enjoy and thanks again for the trade! :)

Journal Entry 6 by RealBookWorm on Friday, July 08, 2005

This book was put in the mail today at noon from Bridgewater Maine.

Journal Entry 7 by ladybugscrapper from Portland, Oregon USA on Friday, July 29, 2005

Recieved, thank you can't wait to read.