corner corner Flirting with Forty

Flirting with Forty
by Jane Porter | Literature & Fiction
Registered by ChiBoiler of Chicago, Illinois USA on Saturday, May 30, 2009

status (set by angela861): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by ChiBoiler from Chicago, Illinois USA on Saturday, May 30, 2009

Picked this up at the Brown Elephant today

Amazon Editorial Review:

DESCRIPTION: I'm Jacqueline Laurens--Jack to all my friends--and eighteen months ago if you looked at my life on paper you'd think it was fabulous: gorgeous husband Daniel, venture capitalist, eleven years married, two kids, big house. The not so good part? I discovered Daniel's affair at the worst possible time. Now Jack's ex-husband has the second house and the Porsche, while she's got the two kids and a whopping broken heart. Her best friend's antidote: a spontaneous girl's weekend to Hawaii. But when the flu ruins their plans, Jack finds herself facing her 40th birthday in paradise--alone. Then she meets Kai, a sexy, much much-younger surf instructor, who reawakens her fun side. Surprisingly, after their sizzling weekend ends, the calls continue, making everyone back home wonder what Jack's gotten herself into. Now, pulled in all directions, a surprise forces her to reevalute her life, but will she sacrifice her happy new relationship for what other people think is right?

Journal Entry 2 by ChiBoiler from Chicago, Illinois USA on Monday, September 28, 2009

Very quick read. I had seen the movie on Lifetime and wanted to read the book and found it at the brown elephant. Very enjoyable, flew right trough it. My only complaint was that I thought the movie actually did a better job developing Kai - I bought into him more on Lifetime! Her friends were annoying in both the book and movie.

Would recommend.

Journal Entry 3 by ChiBoiler at Chicago, Illinois USA on Saturday, October 03, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (10/3/2009 UTC) at Chicago, Illinois USA

releasing to angela861 on our way to cheer for the Nittany Lions.

Journal Entry 4 by angela861 from Chicago, Illinois USA on Wednesday, October 07, 2009

TBR

Journal Entry 5 by angela861 at Chicago, Illinois USA on Sunday, March 06, 2011

Why did I wait so long to read this one?!?!? I LOVED it. ChiBoiler made me release it even though I didn't want to let Kai go. I'm going to have to watch the movie now!

Journal Entry 6 by angela861 at Coral Bay - Skinny Legs Bookshelf in St. John, US Virgin Islands US Virgin Islands on Sunday, March 06, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (3/4/2011 UTC) at Coral Bay - Skinny Legs Bookshelf in St. John, US Virgin Islands US Virgin Islands

I dropped this @ Skinny Legs when we went there to see Bo & Lauren.