corner corner BookCrossing Through Middle-Earth

BookCrossing Through Middle-Earth
by Skyring | Travel
Registered by alkaline-kiwi of Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on 5/30/2009

status (set by alkaline-kiwi): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by alkaline-kiwi from Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Saturday, May 30, 2009

Have wanted a copy of this ever since I first met the amazing Skyring at the Wellington BookCrossing Convention in February 2007.
So of course I was very happy to get this signed copy from the author himself in Wellington prior to setting out on our pre-convention roadtrip in April 2009.

Travelling through on the pre-convention roadtrip you could see just how much Skyring loves New Zealand and it is no surprise that kiwi BookCrossers have made him an honorary kiwi.

This book is a fun read with traces of Skyring's humour and the photos of him in the 80s with hair and a beard made me giggle.
I learned more interesting things about my own country from reading this book and there are many places described that I would like to visit or re-visit.

Will keep this one in my personal collection but will loan it out to a few people.

Journal Entry 2 by alkaline-kiwi from Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Thursday, July 16, 2009

Loaned to Selena (one of Erik's workmates) to read.