corner corner Mistborn

Mistborn
by Brandon Sanderson | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by wingbookczukwing of not specified on Friday, May 29, 2009

status (set by okbrox): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingbookczukwing from not specified, not specified not specified on Friday, May 29, 2009

A goodie from the JordanCon, the first Convention honoring Robert Jordan, and his Wheel of Time series. Robert Jordan died in September of 2007. His wife, and his publisher picked Brandon Sanderson to complete the series, based on Robert Jordan's extensive notes. At the Con, copies of Brandon's forst book in his Mistborn trilogy were given away, and I was given a box at the end of the Con to BookCross.

When I first read this book, it was because I was aware Brandon had been selected to write the final book (which will now be in 3 parts) of the WoT. My journal entry at the time said, Reading this because I was told about this author by someone whose opinion matters to me. I want to check this author out, as he is pegged for "something big". I like how he writes. He certainly can manage multiple and varied theme threads and characters!"

In that time I've gotten to know Brandon a little, though mostly through javaczuk, who is part of Team Jordan, the gang who worked for Robert Jordan, and now his wonderful wife Harriet. Brandon is articulate, intelligent, a good author and an even better person. The mantle has been passed well and wisely.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookczukwing at on Sunday, August 02, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (8/2/2009 UTC) at

To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. This book is now yours to read, enjoy, keep or pass on to another reader. The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels. BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a heck of a lot of fun. Be on the lookout for other books left in the "Wild"!

Journal Entry 3 by okbrox at on Monday, September 06, 2010