corner corner The Vicar of Nibbleswicke

The Vicar of Nibbleswicke
by Roald Dahl | Children's Books
Registered by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing of Phoenix, Arizona USA on Wednesday, May 20, 2009

status (set by heathergwizz): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing from Phoenix, Arizona USA on Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Vicar of Nibbleswicke suffers from Back-to-Front Dyslexia. It only affects his speech and he is not aware that he is doing it, but his parishioners are shocked and confused by what he says. Written for the benefit of the Dyslexia Institute. Illustrated by Quentin Blake.

Journal Entry 2 by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing at Mailed to fellow bookcrosser, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (5/4/2010 UTC) at Mailed to fellow bookcrosser, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

This book has been mailed to Jpix of Southampton, Hampshire, England as a surprise RABCK.

I hope you enjoy this book, Jpix.

Journal Entry 3 by wingJPixwing from Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Friday, May 14, 2010

Thanks very much for this surprise book tabby-cat-owner, you're very kind. Nice spider bookmark too!

Journal Entry 4 by wingJPixwing at Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A nice little story with great colour illustrations. I especially like the drawings of dogs, although I don't think there are any dogs in the story! I'll probably release this at Glastonbury Festival as it is one of the smallest books on my shelf so won't add much weight to my backpack.

Journal Entry 5 by wingJPixwing at Glastonbury Festival in -- wild released somewhere, Somerset United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (6/25/2010 UTC) at Glastonbury Festival in -- wild released somewhere, Somerset United Kingdom

Will leave somewhere at Glastonbury festival some time over the weekend. Woo hoo, it's finally here!

Hello, and welcome to Bookcrossing! Thanks for finding this book, I hope you enjoy it. Please leave a message to say where you found it, it's free and anonymous! Feel free to keep the book, give it to a friend or release it into the wild again for someone else to find. If you would like to track where the book goes next join Bookcrossing (also free) and you'll get sent an email when the next person finds it. Happy reading...

Journal Entry 6 by heathergwizz at -- wild released somewhere, Somerset United Kingdom on Monday, June 28, 2010

My cousin Rachel found the book as we were making the long journey back to our car after Glastonbury. It was good to have something to read for the journey/traffic jam! Roald Dahl was a childhood favourite and it was nice to find it because I've never read it before. Made me laugh out loud several times. To follow the theme of music festivals, I'm going to the Eden Sessions, for Doves/Mumford so plan to release it somewhere around the Eden Project.