corner corner In the Company of Cheerful Ladies (No 1 Ladies Detective Agency 6)

In the Company of Cheerful Ladies (No 1 Ladies Detective Agency 6)
by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingAnnimanniwing of Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 5/19/2009

status (set by motherof11): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Birthday present from a friend.

From the back:

Precious Ramotswe, that cheerful Botswana private investigator of 'traditional build', is finally married to Mr J. L. B. Matekoni of Tlokwent Road Speedy Motors, her detective agency is busy and life could not be better...

Well... it could, actually. If Mma Ramotswe hadn't listened to a plea of particular misfortune, she wouldn't have suffered her own mishap - a collision between her tiny white van and a bicycle. That unfortunate crash echoes another unhappy meeting - a clash of personalities. For her assistant, Mma Makutsi, has a spectacular disagreement with one of the garage appretices. He is enraptured by a fast piece with a Mercedes, and everyone knows where that sort of thing can lead...

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, March 21, 2010

This was my first Mma Ramotswe book but definitely not the last! What a delightful read, filled with warm humour and insight. I instantly fell in love with the definition of traditionally-built vs thin people :D

The book is next off to motherof11 as part of nattabee's Easter Exchange. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnnimanniwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (3/24/2010 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Happy Easter, Henny!

Journal Entry 4 by motherof11 from Dalfsen, Overijssel Netherlands on Saturday, March 27, 2010

Annimanni sent me this book in the Easter exchange. Thank you very much!!!! From my favourite author!!! I'm really looking forward to reading it!!!

Journal Entry 5 by motherof11 from Dalfsen, Overijssel Netherlands on Sunday, April 11, 2010

Wonderful!!! I enjoyed every word!!! I love Mma Ramotswe and all those around her!!!! What a delightful book!!!

Journal Entry 6 by motherof11 from Dalfsen, Overijssel Netherlands on Monday, April 12, 2010

Annimanni agreed to let me put this book in my permanent collection! Thank you very much!!! I will treasure it!!!