corner corner In the Company of Cheerful Ladies

In the Company of Cheerful Ladies
by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Moriquen of Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on 5/16/2009

status (set by elviraro): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Moriquen from Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Saturday, May 16, 2009

"Precious Ramotswe, that cheerful Botswanan private investigator of 'traditional build', is now married to Mr J.L.B. Matekoni of Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors. The Agency is busy, but Mma Ramotswe cannot ignore the plea which is made by a woman who comes to her with a tale of particular misfortune. Unfortunately, her attempts to help are interrupted by a close encounter between her tiny white van and a bicycle, and by a spectacular disagreement between her assistant, Mma Makutsi, and one of the apprentices at the garage. This apprentice has found a fancy girlfriend who drives a Mercedes-Benz. How can he be rescued from his folly? And as for Mma Makutsi, she has found a dancing class, and a man who may not be able to dance very well, but who admires her greatly. And all of this happens against a background of quiet sessions of bush tea, and of a land that stretches out forever under mile upon mile of empty sky..."

Journal Entry 2 by Moriquen at To a fellow BookCrosser in By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, May 24, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (5/26/2009 UTC) at To a fellow BookCrosser in By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

This book is on its way to elviraro in Romania. I saw this book was on your wishlist! Thanks for helping me with my lifetime release challenge

Journal Entry 3 by elviraro on Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Thank you very much Moriquen for this wonderful surprise RABCK. It has brightened my days when I most needed it.