corner corner The Picture of Dorian Gray (Barnes & Noble Classics Series)

The Picture of Dorian Gray (Barnes & Noble Classics Series)
by Oscar Wilde | Literature & Fiction
Registered by angeeaustin of Pearland, Texas USA on 5/9/2009

status (set by wal-89): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by angeeaustin from Pearland, Texas USA on Saturday, May 09, 2009

ABOUT THE BOOK

Since its first publication in 1890, Oscar Wilde's only novel, The Picture of Dorian Gray, has remained the subject of critical controversy. Acclaimed by some as an instructive moral tale, it has been denounced by others for its implicit immorality. After having his portrait painted, Dorian Gray is captivated by his own beauty. Tempted by his world-weary friend, decadent friend Lord Henry Wotton, he wished to stay young forever and pledges his very soul to keep his good looks. As Dorian's slide into crime and cruelty progresses, he stays magically youthful, while his beautiful portrait changes, revealing the hideous corruption of moral decay.

Journal Entry 2 by angeeaustin at 1001 Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (7/17/2009 UTC) at 1001 Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

I am adding this to jsmeltser's 1001 bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by wingk00kaburrawing from San Jose, California USA on Wednesday, April 07, 2010

I have a copy of this book in my permanent collection.

This is book no. 809 on the "1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die" list.

==

This book enjoyed a brief visit in San Jose, CA before continuing its journey with jsmeltser's 1001 Books Bookbox

Journal Entry 4 by debnance at Alvin, Texas USA on Monday, May 31, 2010

Never read this one...

Journal Entry 5 by debnance at Post Office - 455 E. House St. in Alvin, Texas USA on Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (1/12/2011 UTC) at Post Office - 455 E. House St. in Alvin, Texas USA

Off to a new reader! This book is heading out in the 1001 Books You Must Read Bookbox. I plan to mail it off in a few days.

Journal Entry 6 by flewry at St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Sunday, January 23, 2011

Selected from the bookbox. Thank you!

Journal Entry 7 by flewry at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Friday, May 13, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (5/13/2011 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

This book is being released by Team Iron for Turn 1 of Bookcrossing Monopoly! Hope you enjoy it, Wal-89, and thanks for letting us send it. :)

I'm releasing it unread because I recently obtained an eReader, and these days am not keeping around a huge amount of paper public domain books.

Journal Entry 8 by wal-89 at Congleton, Cheshire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 21, 2011

This books arrived in the postbox today :) I was so happy to see a little parcel for me, as it's my birthday tomorrow and I had completely forgotten that you'd asked for my address. Was very pleased to find The Picture of Dorian Gray inside the parcel, as I saw the film at the cinema a while ago and have been wanting to read it for some time. Thank you very much for the wishlist book :) Enjoy the BC Monopoly game too.

Journal Entry 9 by wal-89 at Congleton, Cheshire United Kingdom on Friday, August 22, 2014

I watched the recent film of this (with Colin Firth) a number of years ago but had forgotten a lot of the details, if they were included in the first place, so reading the book was an eye-opener. It was interesting to see the obsession grow and how it all started. I wouldn't say I was riveted by this book, there were parts that I skim read but it was definitely worth a read. Available to anyone who fancies reading a classic.