corner corner The Well of Lost Plots

The Well of Lost Plots
by Jasper Fforde | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by TheLostBook of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, May 08, 2009

status (set by Hayes13): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by TheLostBook from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, May 08, 2009

The third in the Thursday Next series. If you haven't read the previous books, you might want to join those bookrays too: The Eyre Affair and Lost in a Good Book. And, you might not want to read any further, because there are inevitable spoilers.

This time around, Thursday's husband still doesn't exist - even though she's pregnant by him. She finds a hiding place in an unpublished novel (one that will seem oddly familiar to readers of The Big Over Easy). As a Jurisfiction agent apprenticed to Miss Havisham (yes, that Mis Havisham) Thursday has a lot to learn, dangers to face, mysteries to solve - and she even gets gadgets worthy of James Bond.

We're starting a bookray for this, as part of The Lost Book project. The Lost Book is an animated web series which you can help write. It follows the adventures of investigative journalist, and BookCrosser, Aileen Adler and her dog Watson as they try to solve the crime of a stolen book.

As well as inviting you to help write the web series, we have a creative writing competition to create the stolen book. Jasper Fforde is our special guest writer. He has set the scene with two intriguing newspaper articles about the book - the journal of a 2004 expedition to Arthur Conan Doyle's Lost World. We're inviting 100-word entries each week and will gradually reconstruct the missing book from these microstories.

Bookray - PM at any time, with your shipping preferences, to join.
Vekiki, UK (Europe)
katrinat, UK (Europe)
katacs, Hungary (EU)
KiwiinEngland, UK/Ireland (Europe/Asia/Australaisia)
Hayes13, Italy (Int)

This copy was lost in the post. Many thanks to Hayes13 for replacing it - the remainder of the bookray's Journal Entries can be found on the replacement copy.

If you liked this, why not join the bookring for the next book in the series, Something Rotten.

Journal Entry 2 by TheLostBook at By Post, a postal release -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, October 22, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (10/22/2009 UTC) at By Post, a postal release -- Controlled Releases

This book will travel to Vekiki just as soon as the postal strike is over. Happy reading, everyone!

Journal Entry 3 by wingVekikiwing from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Recieved today - cant wait to read it, i already have books 4 & 5 on my TBR!

Journal Entry 4 by wingVekikiwing at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (11/11/2009 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Popped in the post today

Journal Entry 5 by katrinat from Leigh-on-Sea, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, November 12, 2009

Arrived today, looking forward to seeing what has happened to Thursay in this book

Journal Entry 6 by katrinat from Leigh-on-Sea, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I didn't enjoy this one as much as the others, not sure why, I don't think I was in the mood for such a book. Although I love the premise of the Well and will be using this idea in some of my creative writing pieces I write for myself, as well as the idea of jumping from book to book.
Will get the next address and send it on to the next person this week if possible

Journal Entry 7 by katrinat at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Monday, January 25, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (1/26/2010 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Sorry this has taken me so long to post, been a bad month for organisation

Journal Entry 8 by katacs on Friday, February 19, 2010

Arrived today. The package was a little damaged, but the book is fine. Can't wait to read this one!

7th March: Another enjoyable adventure of Thursday Next. But there are some details that in my opinion is not fit into the inner logic of the world of the book and they bothered me a bit...

Journal Entry 9 by katacs at a bookray, to the next reader -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (3/17/2010 UTC) at a bookray, to the next reader -- Controlled Releases

On its way to KiwiinEngland.

Journal Entry 10 by wingKiwiinEnglandwing from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Thanks for sending it on so quickly katacs, and TheLostBook for starting the ray.

Journal Entry 11 by wingKiwiinEnglandwing from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Tuesday, April 06, 2010

I still love the premise behind the books, and some of the parts of the book was great (re-writing a scene from within and the "woman in Gingham").

However at times it seemed like there were a lot of in jokes I didn't get because I didn't know the characters referred to and I thought I may have been missing some brilliant references, expect then I'd come across a reference to a character I did know (eg from The Stars my Destination) and it wasn't a particularly witty reference or breathtakingly amazing.

Journal Entry 12 by wingKiwiinEnglandwing at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Thursday, April 08, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (4/9/2010 UTC) at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland

Posting to the next participant in Italy via air mail with An Post.

Journal Entry 13 by wingHayes13wing from Roma, Lazio Italy on Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Arrived this morning... thank you. Will get to it as quickly as I can.

Journal Entry 14 by wingHayes13wing from Roma, Lazio Italy on Sunday, May 02, 2010

Another whirlwind romp by Jasper Fforde. My head is still spinning!

UnwrittenLibra asked to be skipped. Will contact the next and will send off in a few days.

Journal Entry 15 by wingHayes13wing at -- Mail or by hand-ring, RABCK, meetings, Arizona USA on Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (5/5/2010 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-ring, RABCK, meetings, Arizona USA

On to its next home in the USA. Enjoy!

I forgot to put the postcard in the package.... will send it regular post.

Journal Entry 16 by wingHayes13wing from Roma, Lazio Italy on Saturday, May 22, 2010

Just had a message from leoluvr.
The empty envelope arrived at her house yesterday.
No book.
*sigh*

Will keep you posted.

Journal Entry 17 by wingHayes13wing at Roma, Lazio Italy on Sunday, June 13, 2010

The book got lost crossing the Atlantic. Here is the link to the new copy:
Replacement Copy