corner corner Practical Demonkeeping

Practical Demonkeeping
by Christopher Moore | Literature & Fiction
Registered by hyper7 of Secunda, Mpumalanga South Africa on 5/1/2009

status (set by rem_KQI-811293): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by hyper7 from Secunda, Mpumalanga South Africa on Friday, May 01, 2009

I bought this book new.

Journal Entry 2 by hyper7 at with another bookcrosser, A Book Swap! -- Controlled Releases on Monday, May 18, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (5/18/2009 UTC) at with another bookcrosser, A Book Swap! -- Controlled Releases

Sent to mrbaggins.

Journal Entry 3 by mrbaggins1 from Johannesburg, Gauteng South Africa on Thursday, May 21, 2009

This has been on my wish list for some time. Swapped it for "Lamb" of the same writer with hyphen7 a fellow South African bookcrosser (In this country active bookcrosser's are a very rare species) Going on Mt TBR. Thanks for sharing. Will possibly make an Int'l RABCK of it when I'm done as it is on a number of wish lists I know.

Thanks for sharing

Journal Entry 4 by mrbaggins1 from Johannesburg, Gauteng South Africa on Sunday, August 02, 2009

Better than "Lamb - The Adventures of Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal" but not as good as "Coyote Blue". An enjoyable light off-the-wall read. Thanks for sharing. I'll see if it is on someone's wishlist other I'll RABCK it

NB: Sending it to Moriquen in Belgium as a RABCK = she's on RABCK.com & the book is on her wishlist. She's on holiday at the moment according to her profile page. Hopefully the book will be a nice surprise to her on her return

Journal Entry 5 by mrbaggins1 at Johannesburg, Gauteng South Africa on Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (8/5/2009 UTC) at Johannesburg, Gauteng South Africa

Posted as an RABCK to Moniquen in Belguim. She's on holiday at the moment but there is no way that it'll get to destination by surface mail before she returns mid - August. Enjoy! Thanks for sharing hyper7

Journal Entry 6 by Moriquen from Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Thursday, August 20, 2009

Yippie, what a lovely surprise!! A wishlist book and a bunch of Sout African goodies!! How wonderfull!! (Ok, I do realise I have to lay off the exclamation marks, but I can't help myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Thank you so very much mrbaggins, this has absolutely made my day!! Big kisses and hugs from Belgium!

Let's see if I remember this correctly (my parents have friends in Kaapstad and well Dutch and South-African are still closely related languages): Baie dankie vir jou boek!

Journal Entry 7 by Moriquen from Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Sunday, November 15, 2009

I just finished it last night and I liked it, though it wasn't entirely what I thought it was. I had some difficulty with the beginning, but I guess I had to get used to the way of the author.
I enjoyed the story, it was very funny at times. (My favourite quote is: "To say that Effrom was not a particularly good cook was an understatement akin to saying that genocide is not a particularly effective public relations strategy.") And I did like the characters, overall a very enjoyable book. Though I did dislike some parts of the ending. (Spoiler: *Why have Robert and Jenny end up together, this is too 'disney haapy-end' for me. It doesn't fit the story. And why have Travis and Amanda grow young together?*)
Thanks for sending it my way mrbaggins!

Journal Entry 8 by Moriquen at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, March 05, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (3/5/2010 UTC) at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

This book was promised a a prize in a rabck competition. (I believe it was a halloween rabck.) I am sooo sorry it took me so long to post this book to you, but think of it this way: now it's an even bigger surprise! ;) I hope you'll enjoy it!

Journal Entry 9 by wingheartthumperwing from Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Thursday, March 11, 2010

Arrived today by mail. Quite a surprise, thank you so much! I like his books and have never read this one.

This was great. Some parts were so funny and others just gross! I loved it.

Journal Entry 10 by wingheartthumperwing at BOOK BOX in -- wild in the usa, -- Wild Released somewhere in USA -- USA on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (2/18/2012 UTC) at BOOK BOX in -- wild in the usa, -- Wild Released somewhere in USA -- USA

Added to the Making New Friends Book Box.

Journal Entry 11 by wingbookstogivewing at Springville, Tennessee USA on Monday, February 27, 2012

This book returned in the Traveling and Making Friends Bookbox. This one is not really my cup of tea so it will be available for another reader.

Journal Entry 12 by wingbookstogivewing at Winterhaven, California USA on Friday, March 09, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (3/8/2012 UTC) at Winterhaven, California USA

Sending this one along as a Wishlist Tag Game Book, I hope you enjoy it!

To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. This book is now yours to read, enjoy, keep or pass on to another reader.

The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels around from reader to reader.

BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a great deal of fun. If you choose to join please consider using meBOOKSTOGIVE
as your referring member. Be on the lookout for other books left in the "Wild"!

Journal Entry 13 by rem_KQI-811293 at Yuma, Arizona USA on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hooray! Arrived today in a bookbox with a special note saying this one was for me =D. Unfortunately I can't find the book box's BCID yet....maybe not looking in the right place....