corner corner The Road Through Miyama

The Road Through Miyama
by Leila Philip | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by Seajack of Seattle, Washington USA on Friday, May 01, 2009

status (set by hippolein): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Seajack from Seattle, Washington USA on Friday, May 01, 2009

Quite a well-written memoir! Pottery aspect of the story became a bit detailed at times, slowing down the overall story a bit, but that's a minor quibble. Author does a terrific job in showing details of small town Japanese society; although events took place a generation ago, the book didn't feel particularly dated at all.

Journal Entry 2 by Seajack at Spokane, Washington USA on Saturday, July 04, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (7/4/2009 UTC) at Spokane, Washington USA

Bookmooch.com transaction

Journal Entry 3 by wingthegoaliegirlwing from Vancouver, Washington USA on Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Looking forward to reading this one.. Thanks!

Journal Entry 4 by wingthegoaliegirlwing from Vancouver, Washington USA on Sunday, July 26, 2009

This book was really interesting. I've never done any pottery (except a tiny bit in high school) but that didn't detract from this story at all. I got such a great feel of what life was like in a small town in Japan. I'm curious how it has changed since the author was there over 20 years ago. It was well written and highly enjoyable.

Journal Entry 5 by wingthegoaliegirlwing at By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, July 30, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (7/31/2009 UTC) at By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Congrats! You were a winner in my Just Because RABCK! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingMiuMwing from Kaarina, Varsinais-Suomi Finland on Thursday, August 06, 2009

Thank you very much! :) The book was a nice surprise! I have always been interested in reading stories about Japanese culture. The book seems very interesting, at least according to the cover.

In the picture is the tower of the Cathedral of Turku.

Journal Entry 7 by wingMiuMwing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi Finland on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Every time I start reading this book, I can't get the motivation to continue reading. So I guess I'll finally give up and pass the book on.

Journal Entry 8 by wingMiuMwing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi Finland on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (3/20/2012 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi Finland

The book goes to Hippolein, via the wishlist tag of finnish forum.

Journal Entry 9 by hippolein at Helsinki, Uusimaa Finland on Friday, March 23, 2012

The book arrived safely in Helsinki today, thanks a lot!
Also thank you for the surprises that came with the book!