corner corner The Lonely Silver Rain

The Lonely Silver Rain
by John D. McDonald | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by chicagoguy5049 of Lake Bluff, Illinois USA on 4/30/2009

status (set by aetm): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by chicagoguy5049 from Lake Bluff, Illinois USA on Thursday, April 30, 2009

from my rather large collection of Mystery books - another great Travis McGee

Journal Entry 2 by chicagoguy5049 at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, June 08, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (6/8/2009 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

RABCK Release... Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, June 12, 2009

Thanks very much. I've only read one of this series, and I've been meaning to read some more, so this is perfect. Good luck on your releasing quest. :)

Journal Entry 4 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, June 22, 2009

I'm going on a trip soon, and this book may go with me. If I finish it along the way, it might not come home with me!

Journal Entry 5 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, July 16, 2009

Well, it came home after all; I didn't do much reading on my trip.

Very enjoyable - thanks for sharing!

Edit 2012: don't know if this is the right cover or not, but it seems vaguely familiar, so I'm sticking it in here just for the heck of it.

Journal Entry 6 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (7/22/2009 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

This book was set free in Erishkigal's Mystery with a Twistery bookbox so it could find a new reader; I'm so glad you've found it!

If you're new to Bookcrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community and learn about what it has to offer.

Free your books - help spread the words!

Journal Entry 7 by erishkigal from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Tuesday, February 02, 2010

oh, and here's another~~ this will probably take me much longer to get a round tuit....(whether it is or not) it sounds like that old-style macho guy thriller/mystery that just doesn't appeal~~

Journal Entry 8 by erishkigal at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Wednesday, September 01, 2010

I came close to releasing this unread, as I just didn't think I'd like it....

Surprise~~I did! The story was well-developed and well-told, and I even mostly liked McGee~~ And hey, the book even mentioned one of my all-time favorite albums/cd : Claude Bolling and Jean-Pierre Rampal's Suite for Flute and Jazz Piano

Journal Entry 9 by erishkigal at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Monday, October 25, 2010

Released 6 yrs ago (10/25/2010 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

judging by the books on the list, this should have a good chance of finding it's next loving home with one of the bxers paying in svoight's mystery vbb~

Journal Entry 10 by aetm at Austin, Texas USA on Saturday, November 13, 2010

The book arrived safely in Austin (as a part of the mystery VBB). Thank you Erishkigal. :)

Journal Entry 11 by aetm at Austin, Texas USA on Monday, July 30, 2012

The curse of the too high a TBR pile is that it takes sometimes a while to get to the books on them. But I did - this seemed a perfect kind of read for summer or holiday (and something I'd then love to release after reading while traveling) - well, it's summer and even if not traveling, it's read. My first Travis McGee, and I enjoyed the style of writing. Some interesting characters too - for some reason I don't think I had even noticed the author before; maybe he simply was less popular in Europe (where I lived until not that long ago). Interesting characters, the main guy with a good sense of humor, enough bad guys and a good hunt. Somehow very vintage good guy/bad guy story too, and very cinematographic - easy to imagine how it'd look as a film.

Journal Entry 12 by aetm at Cupprimo in Austin, Texas USA on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (8/22/2012 UTC) at Cupprimo in Austin, Texas USA

On the basket/stand with the newspapers and other items to read - enjoy the cupcakes and the book! ;)

Safe journey little book - I hope you'll make many new friends on your travels!

"Don't ever apologize to an author for buying something in paperback, or taking it out from a library (that's what they're there for. Use your library). Don't apologize to this author for buying books second hand, or getting them from bookcrossing or borrowing a friend's copy. What's important to me is that people read the books and enjoy them, and that, at some point in there, the book was bought by someone. And that people who like things, tell other people. The most important thing is that people read... "
— Neil Gaiman

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!)