corner corner Her Royal Spyness

Her Royal Spyness
by Rhys Bowen | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by kiki66 of Gauting, Bayern Germany on Wednesday, April 22, 2009

status (set by kiki66): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by kiki66 from Gauting, Bayern Germany on Wednesday, April 22, 2009

a nice and easy read!

Set in London in 1930, this merry first in a new cozy series from Agatha-winner Bowen introduces a delightful heroine—Lady Victoria Georgiana Charlotte Eugenie. Thirty-fourth in line for the English throne, Georgie has been educated to curtsey, host lavish fetes and marry well. When her brother cuts off her pitiful allowance, Georgie leaves the family home in Scotland for London, determined to become a liberated woman. Lasting only a few hours as a saleswoman in Harrods, Georgie starts a maid service, but she turns detective after finding a drowned man in her bathtub. When her brother is accused of the murder, she must try to clear him and the family name. Quirky characters like her lovable grandfather; her estranged, oft-wed mother; and an incorrigible, sexy Irishman add to the fun. Georgie's madcap antics are certain to leave the reader eager for the next installment. (amazon)

Edited to add that 'A Royal Pain' will be available from July 7th on! and I am going to buy that as well! :-)

Journal Entry 2 by kiki66 from Gauting, Bayern Germany on Thursday, April 23, 2009

this is going to be ring:

1. Annieselan (D)
6. DA-Cameron (D)
7. Tsjara (NL)
8. penelopewanders (CH)
9. chich (F)
10.Schneefee with loooots of time (D)

and back to me

Journal Entry 3 by Annieselan from Fulda, Hessen Germany on Saturday, May 02, 2009

Arrived safely today!

Journal Entry 4 by Annieselan from Fulda, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, May 05, 2009

I had a great time with Georgie and I really liked her first adventure. Though she reminds me sometimes very much of Molly Murphy and Darcy O´Mara reminds me of Daniel Sullivan. ;-) Of course, this isn´t bad because I like Molly & Daniel also very much.
The novel was very funny and the mystery was also good to read. I didn´t know who the murderer was until Georgie found out herself.

I would like to read more from Georgie and I really liked this book a lot. Thank you for letting me join, Kiki66. When the next adress arrives, I´ll mail the book immediately.

Journal Entry 5 by AdoraBelle86 from Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Monday, May 11, 2009

Arrived today - I've got one other ring to read before this one and will probably save it for the next weekend. If I can resist... ;-)

I forgot to write something and add a release note before sending it off - sorry!

I really liked the book. It was very funny and a quick read - though it seemed a bit too quick at the end. I didn't really want it to end...

Journal Entry 6 by wingmysticcatwing from Wien Bezirk 21 - Floridsdorf, Wien Austria on Saturday, May 30, 2009

... this book arrived yesterday - it will take me some time to finish it (German Meetup 2009 and another ringbook to be read first and a weekend trip) - so it may take me about a month to read the book, but I will try to read it as soon as possible - I did not expect this book to arrive here so soon :-). Thank you very much for the ring, kiki and thanks for sending the book to Austria, Ulrike.

Journal Entry 7 by wingmysticcatwing from Wien Bezirk 21 - Floridsdorf, Wien Austria on Sunday, June 07, 2009

I started reading the book in the beginning of the week - and still did not finish it (kept on starting reading something else after I read some pages of this book). It's just not the kind of book I enjoy reading, I guess, and I expected something else (just got to page 100).

But I guess that's what rings are for: try something new and read something you may would not have tried.

Thank you very much for the ring and thanks a lot for sendig the book to Austria - I just wrote a PM to the one next in line - so someone else can spend time with Georgie and hopefully enjoy it, too.

Journal Entry 8 by wingmysticcatwing at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Wien Austria on Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (6/17/2009 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Wien Austria

I got the adress on Saturday. Unfortunately I fell ill, so I just could post it today. Thanks for letting me participate in this bookring - and a good journey to the book!

Journal Entry 9 by JanelleSaDiablo from not specified, not specified not specified on Sunday, June 28, 2009

20.07.09
Hi,

I really liked the book it was easy to read and entertaining - perfect lecture for trains,busses,plains :-)

The book moves today on to the next reader - have fun :-)

Journal Entry 10 by Rossella05 on Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Thank you, arrived on monday. Started reading, enjoying it so far..

Journal Entry 11 by Rossella05 at By Mail, Book Ring -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (8/18/2009 UTC) at By Mail, Book Ring -- Controlled Releases

Thank you for introducing me to this author and this series, it was an entertaining read. Georgie's a likable character, down to earth despite her austere upbringing, she doesn't take herself or her royal relatives too seriously but still shows affection and respect for them; in this first installment we find her struggling between fulfilling royal expectations and pursuing her own happiness. Although the story is engaging and well paced with some very funny moments, few clues are given to help the reader solve the mystery.. or did i miss them? I still look forward to following Georgie on her next adventure.

Journal Entry 12 by DA-Cameron from Ditzingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Monday, August 24, 2009

The book arrived today. It'll have to wait some days, however, until I have finished the books I have already started to read.

September 14, 2009:
That's a nice book. :-) Not too much crime, but an enjoyable read. So enjoyable, in fact, that I want to read more of her.

Journal Entry 13 by DA-Cameron at Ditzingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (9/17/2009 UTC) at Ditzingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany

The book is on its way to Tsjara.

Journal Entry 14 by wingTsjarawing from Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, September 26, 2009

The book arrived here safely yesterday. Thank you DA-Cameron for sending, and Kiki66 for organising the ring!
Sounds like a fun read, looking forward to it :)

Journal Entry 15 by wingTsjarawing from Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Monday, October 19, 2009

This was a funny, easy and enjoyable read. And Georgie, with her clumsiness and sensibleness, is a very likeable heroine :)
I tried to figure out who the bad guy/girl was, but I really didn't have a clue.. I always think that everyone is suspicious, and this one I never saw coming..
Looking forward to read more of her adventures :)

I have already PMed penelopewanders, just waiting for the address.
Edit 23 Oct. Penelopewanders is away for a few days, so I'll send it to her after the weekend :)

Journal Entry 16 by wingTsjarawing at to fellow bookcrosser, post office -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (10/28/2009 UTC) at to fellow bookcrosser, post office -- Controlled Releases

Finally got to the post office today and the book is now on its way to Penelopewanders :)
(sorry for keeping it so long)

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 17 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Wednesday, November 04, 2009

This arrived just after my return, thanks so much. Quite a lot piled up while I was gone and I've been under the weather, so I'll try to get to this as soon as I can. It looks like fun.

Journal Entry 18 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Monday, November 09, 2009

Not over the top absolute best I've ever read but a very welcome change from the book about werewolves I read just before this. Fun glimpses of minor royalty. Is this a series? I would enjoy reading the next. Thanks so much for making this available, I'm PMing for the next in line.

Journal Entry 19 by wingpenelopewanderswing at controlled release, .---controlled release---. Switzerland on Thursday, November 12, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (11/12/2009 UTC) at controlled release, .---controlled release---. Switzerland

On its way to the south of France from the Swiss alps. Enjoy! (Thanks so much for making this availble.)

Journal Entry 20 by chich from Sant Antoni de Portmany, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Friday, November 20, 2009

Image hosting by Photobucket Book received today, thanks for passing it on penelopewanders (love the bookmark & the stamps on the enveloppe!) and thanks for hosting Kiki66:o)

Journal Entry 21 by chich from Sant Antoni de Portmany, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What a fun read! I started the book yesterday and couldn't put it down until I finished, it was exactly the kind of reading I needed:) I loved the characters, the 1930s setting, the humour... everything! Now can't wait to read "A Royal Pain."

Thanks so much for sharing kiki66:o)

I already have Schneefee's address and will send her the book tomorrow as there is a post office strike today.

Journal Entry 22 by chich from Sant Antoni de Portmany, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Book sent to Schneefee today, enjoy!

Journal Entry 23 by Schneefee from Hagen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, December 07, 2009

her Royal Spyness already waited for me when I came home on Friday, thanks for sending!

Update by wingSchneefeewing from Dortmund, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, December 15, 2009
started reading last night. I didn't get farther than chapter one - but I'm already totally in love with this!

Journal Entry 24 by Schneefee from Hagen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, December 31, 2009

Due to the title I had expected more espionage, particularly regarding to the political situation in Germany 1932.
Nevertheless, a lovely whodunnit like this didn't disappoint me at all!

When, oh when! should I read all the Molly-Murphy-, Constable-Evans- and now also Georgiana-Rannoch-books I want to read sooo bad? :-D

Auntie Edith reminded me of two things that totally irritated me: The American spelling in this more than English story! And the 20s-dressed girl on the cover.

Journal Entry 25 by Schneefee at per Post, An einen Bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, January 07, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (1/7/2010 UTC) at per Post, An einen Bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Heimweg

Journal Entry 26 by kiki66 from Gauting, Bayern Germany on Tuesday, January 12, 2010

back home safe and sound!

thanks everybody for making this a successful ring!!

See you! :-)