corner corner So Much to Tell You

So Much to Tell You
by John Marsden | Teens
Registered by Littlemave of Sydney, New South Wales Australia on 4/18/2009

status (set by briz-cowgirl): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Littlemave from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Saturday, April 18, 2009

I love John Marsden's writing so when I see a copy in a 2nd hand bookshop, or charity shop I have to get it! This does not belong in a series, it's a one off story. This is apparently his first book.
*******
BOB
I don't know what I'm doing here. Well, I do really ... I have been sent here to learn to talk again. Sent here because my mother cant stand my silent presence at home. Sent here because of my face ...
*******
We never find out what actually happened (by her father) to the girl whose diary we are reading, just that it traumatised her and she never speaks - although you get the impression she CAN, just chooses not to.
Boarding school is a very different environment for her and to be up close & personal to strangers is hard for her.
The end is soooo poignant. Great read.

Journal Entry 2 by Littlemave at RABCK, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, April 19, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (4/19/2009 UTC) at RABCK, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

A complete surprise RABCK!
It was on this person's wish list and I just hope they have not moved since I last sent them a book .... or worse still - read it!
hee hee.

Journal Entry 3 by tantan from Townsville, Queensland Australia on Monday, April 27, 2009

Thanks so much Littlemave (for both the book and the stamps)!! I haven't read it, and have not moved, either. :-) Looking forward to reading this, and I'll be sure to pass it on to another willing reader once I'm done.

Journal Entry 4 by tantan from Townsville, Queensland Australia on Monday, May 04, 2009

I read this in about two hours, and it was quite a page-turner for me. A really gripping, emotional read. Books that make me cry are few and far between, and this was one of those few. The ending was a really special moment.

I have someone in mind to send this on to, and in keeping with how I received it, it will be another surprise, of a kind.

Journal Entry 5 by wingcatsalivewing from Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Friday, May 08, 2009

Thanks tantan :0)

Journal Entry 6 by wingcatsalivewing at Australia, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, September 24, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (9/24/2009 UTC) at Australia, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

A companion for another travelling book.

Journal Entry 7 by leeny37 from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Monday, September 28, 2009

Thanks for this extra to accompany the main Southern Cross exchange book. I have very little self-control so let's see if I can wait till November to see what it is! Thanks again :)

Journal Entry 8 by leeny37 at Forest Hill, Victoria Australia on Thursday, November 05, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (11/5/2009 UTC) at Forest Hill, Victoria Australia

A little bonus for briz-cowgirl as a satchel filler. Books need company, right? ;)

Journal Entry 9 by briz-cowgirl from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Monday, November 09, 2009

Received with a bookray book yesterday ("Towelhead" by Alicia Erian), thanks leeny37!

Journal Entry 10 by briz-cowgirl from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I've never read any of John Marsden's work, so it was nice to start off with his first book! I read this straight through one day after I had finished night duty and was unable to sleep :)
The main character, whose name we don't discover until the last page, has had something devastating happen to her at the hands of her father (the details of which are never really discussed). She communicates through her journal and via a few letters, as she struggles to heal emotionally. Very touching at times, a great read. Loved the ending.
I will hunt down the sequel to this book now, "Take My Word For It". Thank you for this RABCK!

Journal Entry 11 by briz-cowgirl at Brisbane, OZ VBB -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (1/27/2010 UTC) at Brisbane, OZ VBB -- Controlled Releases

Heading off to froggirlwendy, who selected it from the OZ VBB :)