corner corner Poetry in Motion from Coast to Coast: 120 Poems from the Subways and Buses

Poetry in Motion from Coast to Coast: 120 Poems from the Subways and Buses
by Elise Paschen | Literature & Fiction
Registered by debnance of Alvin, Texas USA on 4/13/2009

status (set by BookLovinMama): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by debnance from Alvin, Texas USA on Monday, April 13, 2009

Make the Whole World a Library!

Please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has been caught so I know that it has found a good home with you. If you are new to BookCrossing, when you join please indicate that you were referred by debnance. I hope that you enjoy the book. You can make another journal entry with your comments when you are done reading.

I hope that you will enjoy the BookCrossing experience!

Journal Entry 2 by debnance from Alvin, Texas USA on Sunday, April 19, 2009

Poetry in Motion from Coast to Coast is a book of short poems that were originally written on subways all across America. Some of my favorite poems were in this book including This is Just to Say.

Journal Entry 3 by debnance at Post Office - 455 E. House St. in Alvin, Texas USA on Thursday, August 20, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (8/20/2009 UTC) at Post Office - 455 E. House St. in Alvin, Texas USA

I'm mailing this off in the Summer Fun Bookbox!

Journal Entry 4 by Gzusgirl from Overland Park, Kansas USA on Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Taken out of the Summer Neverending Fun Bookbox! I love poetry, and I love things that connect the entire world... I love buses. I love subways. This book is going to be awesome, I just know it!!

Journal Entry 5 by debnance from Alvin, Texas USA on Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I am happy you chose this one. I put it in the box just for you! I saw on your profile that you like poetry, so I thought it might be one you hadn't read.

Journal Entry 6 by tostle from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Monday, January 11, 2010

I received this book from Gzusgirl's TBR VBB! Thanks for sharing! I look forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 7 by tostle at ABC Book box (Already Book Crossed) in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Sunday, May 26, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (5/26/2013 UTC) at ABC Book box (Already Book Crossed) in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

This book is going into the ABC Bookbox. Happy Travels!

Journal Entry 8 by wingk00kaburrawing at San Jose, California USA on Monday, November 04, 2013

This book enjoyed a brief stop in San Jose, CA before continuing its journey in the ABC Bookbox!

Journal Entry 9 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, November 22, 2013

This book returned in my ABC Bookbox. This looks interesting, I like poetry, so I'm going to read this before I pass it on again.

Journal Entry 10 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

My Review: This was an interesting book of poetry.

I studied this poem in high school english.

We Real Cool

Sing sin. We
Thin gin. We

Jazz June. We
Die soon.

by Gwendolyn Brooks (1917-2000)

Journal Entry 11 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Putting into Ollie1976's Anything Goes VBB - Round #2.

Journal Entry 12 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, January 08, 2017

This VBB has ended, so I'm making this book available.

Journal Entry 13 by JennyC1230 at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Monday, May 08, 2017

Released 3 mos ago (5/8/2017 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

This is the Journal Book for the Variety Genre Bookbox (US only). This book will travel with the bookbox, so we can track it. A couple of things, I would like all the books be copyright 2000 or later and I don't want the box back, so maybe the last person on the list would be a Little Free Library steward or a person that helps feed a local OBCZ.
Please journal here when you receive the box and also when you send it on. If you have a tracking number, please put that in your journal entry. Try and keep the box no longer than 2 weeks. If you have trouble contacting the next person let me know in case we need to skip them. Thanks for participating!

rhythmbiscuit
Mrsjones
Heartthumper
well-chilled <--Asked to be skipped
Aramena
BOOKWORMINUSALL
LaveggioCoffee
BookLovinMama

Sending to rhythmbiscuit to start this Bookbox.

Journal Entry 14 by rhythmbiscuit at Northglenn, Colorado USA on Tuesday, May 16, 2017

This is a lovely little journal book for JennyC1230's Variety Genre bookbox. I enjoy reading the poems in this collection, as well. I loved "The Cure" by James McManus and "Cow Worship" by Gerald Stern.

From the bookbox, I selected the following:

Hotel World by Ali Smith
The Compound by S.A. Bodeen
A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah

I'll choose what to add to the box and contact the next recipient.

Journal Entry 15 by mrsjones at Hamilton, Ohio USA on Wednesday, May 24, 2017

I got the book box in the mail today. I'll make my choices and get it out.

Journal Entry 16 by mrsjones at Hamilton, Ohio USA on Wednesday, May 31, 2017

I made my selections. I chose:
Better than Chocolate

The Confession
The Innocent Man
Margo's House
The Children Act

Sent out to heartthumper today. Thanks for including me!

Journal Entry 17 by wingheartthumperwing at Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Tuesday, June 06, 2017

The box arrived Saturday just as I was leaving town. Just got back today and haven't had a chance to look through the books yet. I will make my choices and send it to the next in line.

Journal Entry 18 by wingheartthumperwing at Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Thursday, June 08, 2017

I have chosen:
The Monstrumologist - Rick Yancey
Why Mermaids Sing - C.S. Harris
When Maidens Mourn - C.S. Harris
Summer Days - Susan Mallery
Stray - Rachel Vincent

I will add my books to the box and get it mailed off as soon as I get an address. Thanks for including me.

Journal Entry 19 by wingheartthumperwing at Moore, Oklahoma USA on Sunday, June 18, 2017

Released 2 mos ago (6/16/2017 UTC) at Moore, Oklahoma USA

Tracking # 9449010200881430939130 off to Aramena!

Journal Entry 20 by wingAramenawing at Moore, Oklahoma USA on Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Box arrived today! Can't wait to start looking through it!

Journal Entry 21 by wingAramenawing at Moore, Oklahoma USA on Friday, June 23, 2017

Finally got to the post office and mailed the box today! Tracking number 9549 0158 0791 7174 1694 18.

Journal Entry 22 by BOOKWORMINUSALL at Mesa, Arizona USA on Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Variety Genre Bookbox (US only), that is up to 24 books now (many romance), has arrived in Arizona!!! ; ) https://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/20/537789/8953144

"The Eagle" has landed...and just in time for my Matcha Tea break, so I've PMd LaveggioCoffee for her address, and am enjoying a few poems from the "Poetry In Motion From Coast to Coast" Journal Book (love this!) with my tea. Friday (perhaps Saturday) will be the earliest opportunity I will have to look through the box to make my selections and additions, but I wanted to let you know it arrived safely. ; ) I'll send it on its way the first part of next week, and make a quick JE once I post this, as well. ; )

The Eagle

He clasps the crag with crooked hands;
Close to the sun in lonely lands,
Ringed with the azure world, he stands.

The wrinkled sea beneath him crawls;
He watches from his mountain walls,
And like a thunderbolt he falls.

Alfred, Lord Tennyson (1809-1892)

Journal Entry 23 by BOOKWORMINUSALL at Mesa, Arizona USA on Sunday, July 02, 2017

Very much enjoyed reading this little Journal Book 7/1. It included some poetry I was familiar with, as well as both odd, and interesting verses, that I was not familiar with.

I have CHOSEN and REMOVED (3) Titles from the Bookbox:

An Assembly Such as This (Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman: Book 1) by Pamela Aidanhttps://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/2571136

Duty And Desire (Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentlemen: Book 2) by Pamela Aidan https://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/2571140

These Three Remain (Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman, Book 3) by Pamela Aidan https://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/3566607

I have ADDED (3) Titles to the Bookbox:

Moving Target (Harlequin Romantic Suspense) by Kimberly Van Meter

The Michigan Murders by Edward Keyes

The House of God by Samuel Shem, M.D., Ph.D.

And I found LaveggioCoffee's address in my email when I checked it today, so I have the package all ready to mail out...most likely after the 4th of July, but I'll try for the 3rd, if I am feeling better. ; ) I will make release notes that contain the Tracking Number once I do. THANK YOU for organizing, and including me in, your Bookbox, JennyC1230!!! ; )

Journal Entry 24 by BOOKWORMINUSALL at Binghamton, New York USA on Monday, July 03, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (7/3/2017 UTC) at Binghamton, New York USA

TO THE FINDER OF THIS BOOK:

HELLO...WELCOME to BOOKCROSSING...and CONGRATULATIONS!

You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BOOKCROSSING http://www.bookcrossing.com/about. Maybe you'll even decide to make a journal entry on this book, possibly listing me...BOOKWORMINUSALL...as the one who referred you. We want to make the whole world a library! You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free!). Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend, or even set it free "in the wild" for someone else to find as you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your email address), it's fun, it's free, and it's spam-free...all thanks to our dedicated totally AWESOME BOOKCROSSING MANAGEMENT http://www.bookcrossing.com/management, and SUPPORT TEAMS!!!

HAPPY READING!

Journal Entry 25 by wingLaveggioCoffeewing at Binghamton, New York USA on Tuesday, July 11, 2017

received the box yesterday.....will post again soon

Journal Entry 26 by wingLaveggioCoffeewing at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Friday, July 28, 2017

Released 3 wks ago (7/26/2017 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

box is on it's way to BookLovinMama vis USPS

In a Sunburned Country
A Spool of Blue Thread
Blondes

Thanks for including us

Journal Entry 27 by BookLovinMama at Arnold, Missouri USA on Sunday, July 30, 2017

The book box is here. So many great selections. We plan to go through it over the weekend. As the LFL stewards we help are a elementary schools or have very young stewards, I will be putting some of the books back into circulation with bookcrossing members. We received a dozen romance books and I don't want to be the one educating the elementary kiddos! :)

We will log each of the books over the next few days and then put in release notes as we pass them along. Thanks again everyone!

We'll utilize this book as a journal for another bookring/bookray in the near future.