corner corner No Great Mischief

No Great Mischief
by Alistair MacLeod | Literature & Fiction
Registered by running-gal of Adelaide, South Australia Australia on 4/13/2009

status (set by Magus-Turris): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by running-gal from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Monday, April 13, 2009

It took me a long time to read this around other things I've been doing but I have to say that I did enjoy it. It is not a book for people who thrive on fast pace; the book has a fairly slow, languid style, with a lot of reminiscing and 'takes' between the past and the present. What I most enjoyed was the writing style, which manages to be matter of fact yet also lyrical in places. It is a very interesting story on ancestry, and history, and how culture and language can permeate the present.

Taking to April 2009 Meetup.

Journal Entry 2 by running-gal at Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia -- Controlled Releases on Monday, April 13, 2009

At Meetup

Journal Entry 3 by running-gal at to a fellow bookcrosser, a postal release -- Controlled Releases on Friday, May 29, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (5/29/2009 UTC) at to a fellow bookcrosser, a postal release -- Controlled Releases

Sending to tilly77 in Italy, I hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 4 by tilly77 from Cesena, Emilia Romagna Italy on Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Already arrived, only five days from Australia!

Thank you very much running-gal, your j.e. is very interesting, I am looking forward to read this book!

Journal Entry 5 by tilly77 at Cesena, Emilia Romagna Italy on Thursday, May 18, 2017

After a long (too long!) time I finally read this book! I really enjoyed it and I am happy to let it go for new readers ^^
Thanks again running-gal!

Journal Entry 6 by tilly77 at Ipercoop in Cesena, Emilia Romagna Italy on Thursday, May 18, 2017

Released 3 mos ago (5/18/2017 UTC) at Ipercoop in Cesena, Emilia Romagna Italy

Sulla mensola dei libri liberi

Journal Entry 7 by Magus-Turris at Cesena, Emilia Romagna Italy on Saturday, June 17, 2017

trovato sugli scaffali COOP di Cesena, ora lo porto nella Biblioteca Booksharing a Portico di Romagna