corner corner The Six Pack Three: Winning Writing from New Zealand Book Month

The Six Pack Three: Winning Writing from New Zealand Book Month
by Various | Literature & Fiction
Registered by LilB of Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on 4/13/2009

status (set by lady-liberty): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LilB from Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Monday, April 13, 2009

A lucky dip.

_Welcome to bookcrossing. Thank you for catching this book! I hope you enjoy it and will consider exploring, and possibly joining, this site. It's free and loads of fun! Please let us know that you've found the book, what you thought of it and if possible, where you might re-release it when you're done, so it can continue its journey. You may remain anonymous but if you choose to join up, I hope you will consider using me, LilB, as the one who referred you.__Thanks for catching this book and enjoy!

Journal Entry 2 by LilB at Cathedral Grammar School in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, April 13, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (4/18/2009 UTC) at Cathedral Grammar School in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

At the World Bookcrossing Convention-yeah!

Journal Entry 3 by wingkiwiinenglandwing from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Monday, April 20, 2009

Someone at the convention said these collections of works were a good way to read new writers. Some said they were bad. I'm going to read them and make up my own mind.

Brilliant to meet you LilB!

Journal Entry 4 by wingkiwiinenglandwing from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Monday, May 25, 2009

An interesting selection of new authors, with a selection of poetry and short stories.

My favourite was the last one titled Swallow, which focuses on a young child's hope of producing a family play for her visiting aunt and learning about relationships, negotiation, and disappointment. The imagery and family interaction was brilliant.

As the writers were of various experience it was interesting to see how people progress from the "write about what you know" phase to a more rounded piece.

Journal Entry 5 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Café Einstein (Ehemalige OBCZ) in Wien Bezirk 01 - Innere Stadt, Wien Austria on Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (5/29/2009 UTC) at Café Einstein (Ehemalige OBCZ) in Wien Bezirk 01 - Innere Stadt, Wien Austria

I shall be taking this book to the Geman bookcrossing convention 2009. From one convention to another :)

Journal Entry 6 by lady-liberty from Coburg, Bayern Germany on Saturday, May 30, 2009

Got it from KiwiinEngland yesterday in Vienna. It was a pleasure to meet you there! :-)

Shopgirl-NY152 wants to reads this book also, but at first I'm going to take it with me to Germany and in autumn it may come back to Vienna.

Journal Entry 7 by lady-liberty from Coburg, Bayern Germany on Sunday, May 02, 2010

Finally I started reading The Six Pack yesterday and finished it just right now. I'm a very slowly reader when I have a book in English, but this piece was quite a challenge: so many NZ-expressions and unusual spellings (for my eyes). Nevertheless I liked it a lot, especially the first story ('88), the second (Virtuoso) and the last one (Swallow). I'm not so much into poetry, but the Post Modern Past (Tryptich) was very well written.

Next time I meet my Shopgirl in Vienna I'll pass it to her to let The Six Pack move on.