corner corner The Baby Train and Other Lusty Urban Legends

The Baby Train and Other Lusty Urban Legends
by JH Brunvand | Nonfiction
Registered by darkhorse4460 of East Hagbourne, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on 4/3/2009

status (set by hyphen8): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by darkhorse4460 from East Hagbourne, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 03, 2009

Synopsis
America's foremost folk-detective is back on the case, sniffing out those zany but dubious stories that "really happened" to a friend of your sister's boyfriend's accountant. In "The Baby Train", Jan Harold Brunvand tracks the most fabulous tales making today's dinner party circuit, showing why those stories that sound too good to be true probably are too good to be true. Revealed here are the mysteries behind some of the goriest ("Accidental Cannibal", "The Body in the Bed"), funniest ("The Failed Suicide", "The Hairdresser's Error"), bawdiest, ("The Shocking Videotape", "Superhero Hijinx"), most pyrotechnic ("The Exploding Bra") urban legends yet.

Although its a while since this was published, the stories remain with us, changing and developing to suit our society's particular obsessions and fears.

Entertaining and informative.

Journal Entry 2 by darkhorse4460 at to another bookcrosser, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Friday, April 10, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (4/11/2009 UTC) at to another bookcrosser, By Post -- Controlled Releases

On its way to hyphen8 in Hawaii. A birthday RABCK.

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thanks so much! I've been a Brunvand and urban legend fan for a long time but I haven't read this one. Hope you had a great birthday!