corner corner The Blackstone Key

The Blackstone Key
by Rose Melikan | Literature & Fiction
Registered by WigglyWoods of Chorley, Lancashire United Kingdom on 4/1/2009

status (set by shelj7k): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by WigglyWoods from Chorley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 01, 2009

1795, and a young teacher called Mary Finch travels in haste to the Suffolk coast to meet her wealthy uncle - and so end a bitter family estrangement. But when she meets a dying man on the road, she is soon drawn into a world of intrigue and treachery. why does this stranger carry a watch bearing her uncle's initials? And why does he hint that Mary is in terrible danger?

When his warning proves true, Mary finds herself at the mercy of a ruthless conspiracy, determined to gain the treasure guarded by they mysterious Blackstone key. Will Mary's courage, wit and steady nerve be enough to save her? And can she trust the two men who have offered her their protection?

The first in an exciting new mystery series.

Although this is by no means the best historical mystery book that I've read, I did enjoy reading it and will probably seek out book 2 when it becomes available.

Journal Entry 2 by WigglyWoods at a RABCK, a postal release -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, April 02, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (4/2/2009 UTC) at a RABCK, a postal release -- Controlled Releases

Posted off today as Easter RABCK.

Journal Entry 3 by Moriquen from Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, April 10, 2009

What a gorgeous looking book this is. Thanks so much for this beautiful Easter RABCK, WigglyWoods! The chocolate was devoured in an instant! :D

Journal Entry 4 by Moriquen from Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, August 14, 2009

This was a nice book with some unexpected twists and turns in the story. I liked the ending even though it might have been a bit predictable. I'm not going to activly search for the 'next' books in this serie, but if any of them would wander upon my path I wouldn't be averse to reading it!
Where o where will this book go next?

Journal Entry 5 by Moriquen at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (8/18/2009 UTC) at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

This book is on its way to the winner of the 'Never won a Sweepstake RABCK (EU)'! I'm sorry if my book is a little late, I've just arrived back home from my holiday and I'm catching up on all the books I have to send and journal. I hope you'll enjoy this one!

Journal Entry 6 by shelj7k from Blackrock, Co. Dublin Ireland on Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thank you so much Moriquen, I love historical fiction. This is indeed a very attractive looking book, one I would most definitely pick up if I saw it in a book shop, and the story sounds exciting too. I am looking forward to reading it!

I really have been very spoiled as the winner of this RABCK, thank you so much.