corner corner Killing Dance

Killing Dance
by Laurell Hamilton | Horror
Registered by Dreamer-kitty of Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, March 27, 2009

status (set by HunterRyu): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Dreamer-kitty from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, March 27, 2009

(Book VI: Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter)

From the Jacket:
The first hit man came after me at home, which should be against the rules. Then there was a second, and a third. Eventually, I found out that the word on the street was that Anita Blake, preternatural expert and vampire killer extraordinaire, was worth half a million dollars. Dead, not alive. So what's a girl to do but turn to the men in her life for help? Which in my case, means an alpha werewolf and a master vampire. With professional killers on your trail, it's not a bad idea to have as much protection as possible, human or otherwise.
But I'm beginning to wonder if two monsters are better than one...

Currently part of a Book Spiral...

Dec. 31st - 2010 - I will be sending this book next week. Sorry for the delay, I've been recovering from a knee surgery.

- Kitty

Journal Entry 2 by winglunaciawing at Hammerfest, Finnmark fylke Norway on Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Arrived safe and sound in my mailbox today. Looking forward to read it, just have a few I need to read first...

Journal Entry 3 by winglunaciawing at Hammerfest, Finnmark fylke Norway on Monday, April 18, 2011

This book clearly has its flaws. There were things about it I wasn't so thrilled about, but all-in-all it was entertaining enough.

I have PMed nikel27, and will hopefully be able to send it off after Easter.

Journal Entry 4 by winglunaciawing at Hammerfest, Finnmark fylke Norway on Thursday, May 12, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (5/12/2011 UTC) at Hammerfest, Finnmark fylke Norway

Sent off by mail today.
Will hopefully be with nikel27 in not too long.

Journal Entry 5 by nikel27 at Ginsheim-Gustavsburg, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

arrived safe at my house, will start reading tonight

updated;
finished reading the book during my June vacation, now ready to sent on to the next member,
Ask for address (June 29th 2011)

Journal Entry 6 by nikel27 at Ginsheim-Gustavsburg, Hessen Germany on Saturday, July 23, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (7/23/2011 UTC) at Ginsheim-Gustavsburg, Hessen Germany

thanks again for sharing this book with me

Journal Entry 7 by AdoraBelle86 at Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Sunday, September 04, 2011

Arrived safely and I'm looking forward to reading it...

Journal Entry 8 by Jonniboi at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I woke up this morning, happy to find this parcel waiting for me, and then I got even more excited because this book was inside, I can't wait to hear more from Anita Blake!

I have a few books in front of this, but I'm trying to get on top of things ASAP

Journal Entry 9 by Jonniboi at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, February 13, 2012

I have to admit, I've battled with myself over what rating to give this book. First I think IU should give it a 10, as the ending was amazing and gripping, and I couldn't stop reading until I reached the very end. However then I thought an 8 purely because the start was so hard to get into it. It wasn't good enough I'm more a detective fan and prefer the Anita Blake storylines to have the police investigations added more, so when Dolph came in the story perked up[ a bit and I was intrigued. But I decided on a nine, as they cancel one another out.

So this is the book that changes it all? Or is there worse to come, I've heard that after a certain book the stories aren't as good and it goes too much one sided... However I'm one of these unusal rteaders who may find things more to my taste than what others will think, so I'm interested on what side of the fence I will be sitting on when I read the next few books.

I'd just like to say thank you for including me in this spiral and I look forward for what books are around the corner. I'm not sure when I'll send it out, but hopefully soon.

Journal Entry 10 by Jonniboi at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (3/15/2012 UTC) at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Sent this book off, it's now in the post! On it's way to dark-draco :)

Journal Entry 11 by dark-draco at Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Arrived safe and sound - am looking forward to reading the next instalment of this ray. Thanks for sending it on to me.

Journal Entry 12 by dark-draco at Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 23, 2012

I did enjoy this book, although I thought the different story lines didn't quite gel as well as they should. I was kind of bored with the whole Richard/Jean-Claude question, so it was sort of nice that it was half sorted out in this one, but I'm not sure I thought the solution was quite fair to how the characters have been portrayed previously. I also find that, although I am still very much enjoying these books, Anita is becoming a bit two-dimensional. Still, I am looking forward to the next one to see how her story progresses. Soon to be passed on, if I can work out who is next on the spiral, as quite a few people seem to have dropped out.

Journal Entry 13 by dark-draco at -- Controlled release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (3/31/2012 UTC) at -- Controlled release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Off to America to contonue it's journey

Journal Entry 14 by Rrrcaron at Lancaster, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, May 05, 2012

Received this last week. Starting soon!
Ruth

Journal Entry 15 by Rrrcaron at Lancaster, New Hampshire USA on Friday, May 18, 2012

Another enjoyable read. Can't wait for Anita Blake's next adventure! Sending on to next reader...
Ruth

Journal Entry 16 by wingHunterRyuwing at Elk Township, New Jersey USA on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Arrived safely, thank you! Will be put right into my TBR-sooner pile :)

Journal Entry 17 by wingHunterRyuwing at Elk Township, New Jersey USA on Friday, October 19, 2012

Sorry it has taken me awhile to read this book. It was temporarily misplaced down the crack behind my bed. It is now next in my TBR list!

Journal Entry 18 by wingHunterRyuwing at Elk Township, New Jersey USA on Thursday, December 13, 2012

Finished this book, again my sincere apologies for delaying the book spiral! I liked the flow of this book better than some of the others. It still went pretty fast so at times it was a bit overwhelming. I was really surprised by the ending! I won't post any spoilers, but yikes! Not how I expected things to end up.

Journal Entry 19 by wingHunterRyuwing at by mail in to the next participant, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Released 11 mos ago (8/4/2013 UTC) at by mail in to the next participant, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Sent this out awhile ago, but I fear it may be lost. Was going through my bookcrossing online inventory and saw it was still tbr. Since the person I sent it to never marked it found, I have no idea where this is.