corner corner Nelson the one eyed king/il re senza un occhio

Journal Entry 1 by Sobergirl from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Friday, March 27, 2009

An inspirational story for all, Nelson, a real Roman cat, invites you to follow him through the ancient streets of Rome looking for the family that abandoned him. Find out how the one-eyed cat turned his fear into great courage and became one of Rome's cats.

Una storia ricca di ispirazione per tutti. Nelson, un gatto romano realmente esistito, ti invida ad accompagnarlo per le antiche strade di Roma alla ricera della familgia che lo ha abbandonato. Scopri come il gatto rimasto con un solo occhio trasforma la sua paura in un grande coraggio e diventa re dei gatti di Roma.

Torre Argentina Cat Sanctuary

My godcat Ramingo
Ramingo on YouTube!

Journal Entry 2 by Sobergirl from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Friday, March 27, 2009

International bilingual bookring!
This is quite a large book but only 64 pages and should still fit through most letterboxes.
You must be willing to mail worldwide to join. Economy/surface mail more than fine!
Last date to join Wednesday 8th April 2009.
PM me to join!
Make a JE when you receive the book
Read the book within two weeks
Contact the next person on the list for their address
Make a JE saying what you thought of the book
Send the book to the next person

Questions? Please PM me!

Participants:
Rossella05, UK
Cerimello, UK
Back to me, Sobergirl in Finland

Journal Entry 3 by XIV-590003 on Thursday, April 02, 2009

Nelson arrived yesterday and I started reading it immediately with Twinkle, my cat, sleeping next to me. Nelson's story is not so different from hers. She must have been loved once because she likes being around people, I'll never know how and why she ended up as a stray but during that time she lost her sight because of high blood pressure and she's now completely blind. It's a miracle they managed to survive before arriving at the animal shelter. I'm amazed at how sweet and trusting she still is, they're both an inspiration and example. I started sobbing halfway through the story when Nelson discovers how hostile and cruel people can be (thank you so much for the chocolate by the way, I decided then that it was the perfect time to start eating it!) but in the end his suffering is not in vain, it's like a mirror that reflects the good and the bad that humans are capable of and shows us that we have everything to gain by taking care of our pets and all of nature's creatures. I wish Ramingo and all of his friend a long happy life. I'm planning to get a copy of this book for the library of a day hospital in Umbria where relatives have stayed, I hope people will find it encouraging and will consider supporting Torre Argentina.
Thank you sobergirl!

Journal Entry 4 by cerimello from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, April 04, 2009

The book has very nice illustrations and Nelson's story is very moving. I look forward to visiting Torre Argentina next time I'm in Italy; they deserve all the help they can get.

Journal Entry 5 by cerimello at -- By post or by hand --, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, April 11, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (4/11/2009 UTC) at -- By post or by hand --, Greater London United Kingdom

Thank you Sobergirl.

Journal Entry 6 by Sobergirl from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Thank you! Nelson is now "home", safe and sound!

Journal Entry 7 by Sobergirl from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Monday, September 14, 2009

Happy Holiday Gift Giving!

Journal Entry 8 by herchelle from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, September 28, 2009

"I like the book because it takes place far away and I like it because it is cool to get a suprise book from one of my mamma's bookcrossing friends in Finland." Stephanie age 9 (Canada)

Thank you sobergirl for sending this amazing bilingual book as a HGG surprise for my two daughters. Steph pulled it from the mailbox and was SO excited! The illustrations and the story are beautiful and sad. Thank you for your kindness!

Journal Entry 9 by footymadgill at Croydon, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sorry for the delay in journalling. I just realised I hadn't done it.

Thank you Herchelle for the great gifts.

Journal Entry 10 by footymadgill at BCUK Unconvention 2011 in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 11, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (9/24/2011 UTC) at BCUK Unconvention 2011 in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

Releasing at the Nottingham Unconvention

Journal Entry 11 by wingGhaneschawing at BCUK UnConvention 2011, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 24, 2011

I found this book on the "Book Buffet" tables
Many thanks for sharing it!

Journal Entry 12 by wingGhaneschawing at Café Einstein (Ehemalige OBCZ) in Wien Bezirk 01 - Innere Stadt, Wien Austria on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (11/2/2011 UTC) at Café Einstein (Ehemalige OBCZ) in Wien Bezirk 01 - Innere Stadt, Wien Austria

Hello! Bookcrossing is a online community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. We are curious to see how far and wide it will travel and how its readers like it. Kindly make a journal entry to let us know it's found a new reader.

Feel free to read and keep this book, pass it on to a friend, leave it back on the shelf or somewhere else for the next reader. If you journal this book as a member, then you will hear from the book as it travels around. Happy reading!

Liebe Finderin, lieber Finder,
Gratulation, dass Du dieses Buch gefunden hast! Ich hoffe, es gefällt Dir. Du hast nicht nur ein Buch, sondern eine ganze Gemeinschaft von Leserinnen und Lesern gefunden, die Bücher lieben. Schau Dir die Seite mal an! Ich würde mich sehr freuen, wenn Du Dir die Zeit nimmst, einen Journal-Eintrag zu machen und mich so wissen zu lassen, wo das Buch gerade ist und was Du damit vor hast. Vielleicht willst Du Bookcrossing ja beitreten? Das ist anonym, kostenlos und macht Spaß!

Journal Entry 13 by calendulaa at Wien - irgendwo / Vienna - somewhere, Wien Austria on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Thanks a lot for this book! I love cats and share my bed with two of them. My little daughter is very fond of them too and she loves books :-) We got a pile of books yesterday from ghanescha - this one my little calendulita hid - as she knows that english books are for mum only....

I guess this book has to stay with us for a while and then I will have to negotiate heavily with calendulita.

Journal Entry 14 by calendulaa at Wien - irgendwo / Vienna - somewhere, Wien Austria on Saturday, March 17, 2012

A nice and quick read. I share my home with two abandoned cats, so it was perfect for me. Thanks for sharing it!

Journal Entry 15 by calendulaa at Wien - irgendwo / Vienna - somewhere, Wien Austria on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (3/17/2012 UTC) at Wien - irgendwo / Vienna - somewhere, Wien Austria

Kommt in die Box Katzenschnurren.

Gute Reise!

Journal Entry 16 by curlycat at Wien Bezirk 05 - Margareten, Wien Austria on Thursday, June 14, 2012

found in calendulas catbox - perfect for me and my cats

Read on 11th of August 2013
A great story and beautiful pictures - thanks for sharing