corner corner The Bar on the Seine

by Georges Simenon | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by LeighBCD on 3/22/2009

status (set by LeighBCD): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Sunday, March 22, 2009

I bought this book because I wanted to try a Maigret novel. I liked this - it was quite short (I have since discovered the Simenon had a prodigious output), and did not feel dated, which I kind of feared. I spotted the solution to the mystery about 2/3rds into the novel but that did not detract from my enjoyment of it.

I will release this book into the wild.

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD at ReaditSwapit exchanged by post for another book in Read it swap it., readitswapit.co.uk -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (8/11/2009 UTC) at ReaditSwapit exchanged by post for another book in Read it swap it., readitswapit.co.uk -- Controlled Releases

To the Finder of this Book-

Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free!). Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it free "in the wild" for someone else to find as you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your email address), free, and spam-free. Happy reading!