corner corner Light on Snow

by Anita Shreve | Literature & Fiction
Registered by LeighBCD on 3/21/2009

status (set by LeighBCD): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Saturday, March 21, 2009

I have had this copy of the novel for a while but for whatever reason, it took me a long time to get around to reading it. I also accidentally bought a copy of the book as an audiobook. That may be why.

Anyway, I love Anita Shreve novels but this one I found disappointing. I read it very quickly - I kept expecting something massive to happen (Shreve often puts a humdinger of a climax in the final pages) but I did not find it. On the other hand, the depiction of a father and daughter coming to slow terms with the grief was very moving. And Anita Shreve on a bad day is still better than 95% of the writers out there.

I will release this book into the wild.

****

To the Finder of this Book-

Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free!). Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it free "in the wild" for someone else to find as you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your email address), free, and spam-free. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD at ReaditSwapit exchanged by post for another book in Read it swap it., readitswapit.co.uk -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (6/2/2009 UTC) at ReaditSwapit exchanged by post for another book in Read it swap it., readitswapit.co.uk -- Controlled Releases

enjoy!