corner corner The Sparrow

The Sparrow
by Mary Doria Russell | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by Korky of Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, March 19, 2009

status (set by Cross-patch): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Korky from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hello and welcome to Bookcrossing!
Thanks for picking up this book. Treat it nicely, enjoy reading it and let everyone know what you thought of it here; you can be anonymous if you like or you might want to join Bookcrossing, if you do you can follow the book's onward journey. Then, pass it on when the time is right.

If you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me Korky , as your referring member.

Click here to find out more about BookCrossing in the Milton Keynes and Northamptonshire area.

Journal Entry 2 by Korky from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 27, 2009

This is one of my favourite books. It tells the story of a Jesuit mission to another planet, their unwitting interference into the 'natural order' of that world and the aftermath. It's intriguing and disturbing. Although it's science fiction I'd like to stress that you don't have to like sci-fi to enjoy this book.
Highly recommended.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, March 27, 2009

Brilliant book. Disturbingly memorable.
KORKY'S DAD

CAUGHT IN MILTON KEYNES BUCKINGHAMSHIRE UNITED KINGDOM

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, March 27, 2009

A really good read. I'm not very good at remembering books but this one left many unsettling images burned into my memory. You don't have to be a science fiction fan to get into this.
KORKY'S MUM

CAUGHT IN MILTON KEYNES BUCKINGHAMSHIRE UNITED KINGDOM

Journal Entry 5 by Korky at Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 27, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (3/28/2009 UTC) at Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire United Kingdom

My entry in the bookswap game at the Leighton Buzzard meet. Hope the winner enjoys it as much as I did.

Journal Entry 6 by wingPaws4Bookswing from Deal, Kent United Kingdom on Saturday, March 28, 2009

won in a game of steal or reveal.

Journal Entry 7 by wingPaws4Bookswing at Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 04, 2010

This book drew me in and had me dipping into it everyday when i offiically didn't have time to do so!! It's got to be one of the most impacting sci-fi's i've ever read! I went through a great deal of emotions throughout my journey; i was capitvated by finding out what had happened to Emilio that had changed him so much and loved the descriptions about the planet of the 'singers'....there were some really fantastic characters within the storyline...i also have the next book so my spoiler is that Emilio goes back!!!! Would you ever have thought it!?!

I'm saving this book for Jean who spotted it on my tbr pile and requested it from me...i thought i'd wait until i've finished the next book also and send them together, hope you enjoy this experience Jean!!!

Journal Entry 8 by wingPaws4Bookswing at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Monday, January 31, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (1/31/2011 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

On it's way to Jean!!! Hope you enjoy!!!

Journal Entry 9 by wingPaws4Bookswing at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Monday, January 31, 2011

On it's way to Jean!!! Hope you enjoy!!!

Journal Entry 10 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Safely received and I'm really intrigued by the comments on this book though Lord knows when I'll get round to reading it. I seem to be drowning in books at the moment.

Journal Entry 11 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Finally finished this great book last night and I really enjoyed it. It is very original and well written too. Can't wait to start "Children of God" tonight.

Journal Entry 12 by wingTanamowing at Cart's Lane in Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, August 10, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (8/10/2012 UTC) at Cart's Lane in Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom

Taking to today's mini meet at Mrs Bridges tea rooms.

Journal Entry 13 by wingCross-patchwing at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, August 10, 2012

Removed fromTanamo's hands, for my husband to read. SF books are few and far between!

Journal Entry 14 by wingCross-patchwing at Village Hall in South Croxton, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, June 08, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (6/8/2013 UTC) at Village Hall in South Croxton, Leicestershire United Kingdom

Church fete book stall.