corner corner Brick Lane

Brick Lane
by Monica Ali | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingsoffitta1wing of Dovercourt, Essex United Kingdom on 3/17/2009

status (set by mady): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by wingsoffitta1wing from Dovercourt, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Given by a colleague at work to replace a lost bookray.

Have the first address, but she is going away and has asked me to hold on to the book until the end of April.

Journal Entry 2 by mady from Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Received this one on the mail yesterday - thank you soffitta1! I've also found out that I have a nice neighbour who can keep my largest mail :)

Original bookway was started by http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/tabby-cat-owner

Next participant(s):
BellaMack (St. Helens, Tasmania, Australia)

Journal Entry 3 by mady from Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 16, 2009

A young woman from Bangladesh is sent to London to get married. There she has to adapt to the life with her recently met husband in a new city & culture, keeping their country's traditions.

It was an interesting book, but it didn't really caught my attention, despite it being the first time I had some contact with Bangladeshi culture. At the moment I need books that can be read without much brain usage :)