corner corner Diary of a Mad Housewife

Diary of a Mad Housewife
by Sue Kaufman | Literature & Fiction
Registered by winghippoleinwing of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 3/14/2009

status (set by santala): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by winghippoleinwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, March 14, 2009

Bantam Books 1968
293 pages

The startling word-of-mouth bestseller that rips the lid off the New York marriage scene.

Journal Entry 2 by winghippoleinwing at At meetup, a controlled release -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (9/8/2009 UTC) at At meetup, a controlled release -- Controlled Releases

Summer clearance going to the person who wished for it.
Have fun with the book!

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Book's with me, thanks :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, June 11, 2012

This was good! I was afraid it would feel dated and was happy that it didn't, that Bettina's story still resonates. A very enjoyable read, apart from the insufferable Jonathan. Thanks for sharing hippolein!

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, August 09, 2012

Released 4 yrs ago (8/9/2012 UTC) at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

On its way to sannuli as per request. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by sannuli at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Thank you so much Annimanni :) Can't wait to read this!

Journal Entry 7 by sannuli at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Monday, December 31, 2012

Well, it wasn't quite as fun as I expected. (I figured the title of the book meant something hilarious.) My opinion is that Bettina is the only sane character (and Lottie), others especially Jonathan and George are unbearable. Or maybe she's nuts because she chose to stay. I don't know. Wasn't much of a comedy to me this one.

Journal Entry 8 by sannuli at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Monday, January 21, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (1/21/2013 UTC) at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland

Congrats for winning and happy reading! :)

Journal Entry 9 by santala at Petäjävesi, Keski-Suomi / Mellersta Finland Finland on Friday, January 25, 2013

Thank you so much! This sounds really interesting...