corner corner Girls of Riyadh

Girls of Riyadh
by Rajaa Alsanea | Women's Fiction
Registered by Pitak of Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on 3/9/2009

status (set by Winterbirth): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Pitak from Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Monday, March 09, 2009

Gamrah's faith in her new husband is not exactly returned... Sadeem is a little too willing to please her fiance... Michelle is half-American and the wrong class for her boyfriend's family... While Lamees works hard with little time for love. The girls of Riyadh are young, attractive and living by Saudi Arabia's strict cultural traditions. Well, not quite. In-between sneaking out behind their parents' backs, dating, shopping, watching American TV and having fun, they're still trying to be good little Muslim girls. That is, pleasing their families and their men. But can you be a twenty-first century girl and a Saudi girl?

This book was so wonderful. I enjoyed it very much to read it! But I feel very sorry for the girls living their. I can't imagine to live under such rules and traditions!

Journal Entry 2 by Pitak at Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (3/18/2009 UTC) at Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany

This book is on its way to the winner of the international chick-lit sweepstake. I wish you lots of fun with this book!

Journal Entry 3 by FrancesinSA on Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Thank you Pitak, this book arrived today. Thanks also for the postcard.

Journal Entry 4 by FrancesinSA on Thursday, August 20, 2009

An interesting look at Islamic Muslim life in Saudi Arabia. Thank you Pitak for sending me this enjoyable book.

Journal Entry 5 by FrancesinSA at Sasolburg, Free State South Africa on Thursday, August 20, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (8/20/2009 UTC) at Sasolburg, Free State South Africa

I am posting this today to chucklesthescot in Scotland as a surprise rabck. It's on her wishlist.

Journal Entry 6 by Chucklesthescot from Paisley, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, September 13, 2009

Ooh brilliant! I just got back from holiday today to find a brilliant surprise wishlist book waiting for me! Thank you very much FrancesinSA! You are really awesome! xx

Journal Entry 7 by Chucklesthescot at Paisley, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, August 14, 2010

This book reminds me of the Saudi version of Life isn't all ha ha hee hee, which I didn't like. This was a very girlie book about the ups and downs of romances written in the form of a girl doing an email weekly serial about her friends and sending it to email subscribers. The format annoyed me as the start of each email was her going on about herself in the intro and I started skipping this to get to the actual story in each chapter. I didn't find it inspiring or well written so I went on to another book.

Journal Entry 8 by Chucklesthescot at Paisley, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, December 20, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (12/20/2010 UTC) at Paisley, Scotland United Kingdom

Traded this book at readitswapit.co.uk

Journal Entry 9 by Winterbirth at Newtownabbey, Co. Antrim United Kingdom on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Got this book for my mum a year or so age via read it swap it. She seemed to enjoy it.

Journal Entry 10 by Winterbirth at Newtownabbey, Co. Antrim United Kingdom on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (6/29/2013 UTC) at Newtownabbey, Co. Antrim United Kingdom

Swapping book via read it swap it.