corner corner Boy Who Loved Anne Frank, the: A Novel (HB)

Boy Who Loved Anne Frank, the: A Novel (HB)
by Feldman, Ellen | Literature & Fiction
Registered by nvangel2073 of Moab, Utah USA on 3/7/2009

status (set by AnonymousFinder): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by nvangel2073 from Moab, Utah USA on Saturday, March 07, 2009

I loved this book.

Finished reading 3-7-09

Journal Entry 2 by nvangel2073 at Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases on Monday, March 23, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (3/24/2009 UTC) at Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

sending to azuki for her month for the Chapter 12 exchange

Journal Entry 3 by wingazukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Friday, May 01, 2009

Wow a wish list book, thanks!!!! (((HUGS)))

Journal Entry 4 by wingazukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The inspiration of the story sprung from two sources. Anne Frank wrote in her diary, "He [Peter] said that after the war he'd make sure nobody would know he was Jewish." The other from a tour guide at Anne Frank's house, who claimed that Peter's fate after leaving the annex was unknown. These words kept Feldman's mind spinning: what really happened to Peter? The result of her imagination is this finely crafted novel, in which Peter emigrated to the United States and lived under a new identity. All was fine, until one day he noticed the smiling face of Anne Frank, his first love, on the cover of the book his wife was reading.

The book is thoughtfully written, and thought-provoking. The character Peter feels very authentic, though not necessarily likable. His tormented mind simply grips you as you sympathize and try to understand him, as you wish he'd do things differently but can understand why he acts the way he does.

Journal Entry 5 by wingazukiwing at Holocaust Memorial Miami Beach in Miami, Florida USA on Sunday, June 19, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (6/18/2011 UTC) at Holocaust Memorial Miami Beach in Miami, Florida USA

Hi! Congratulations on finding a very special BookCrossing book.

Bookcrossing is a wonderful online community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. We are also curious to see how far and wide our books can travel. I would appreciate if you can make a journal entry on this book so we know where the book has been. You don't have to set up an account.

Feel free to keep this book, return it to where you found it, or pass it on to the next reader. If you sign up as a member, you will hear from the book as it travels and gets journaled. Visit also the BookCrossing community to meet other booklovers. Membership is confidential, free, and spam-free. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Miami, Florida USA on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Given to me by my daughter in Miami and then released at the Tulsa International Airport on October 22, 2011.