corner corner GOODBYE TO BERLIN.

GOODBYE TO BERLIN.
by Christopher. Isherwood | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingmyotiswing of Aadorf, Thurgau Switzerland on 3/3/2009

status (set by AnonymousFinder): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingmyotiswing from Aadorf, Thurgau Switzerland on Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Reist mit in den Urlaub zum Releasen

Journal Entry 2 by wingmyotiswing at Sydney Opera House in Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (3/17/2009 UTC) at Sydney Opera House in Sydney, New South Wales Australia

Newspaper-Stands

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Place: Sydney Opera House, on the counter near the concert ticket window, just slightly hidden and protected from the cleaning crew.

For my husband, a born-Berliner, it was a lovely find. I enjoyed it as well, for different reasons. I held on to the book to give it a new continent -- North America. But then I realized, it is not so easy finding the perfect spot. What if the cleaning crew at the Vancouver Airport just tosses it in the trash bin?!! So it took a while to release it. I finally decided to place it in the seating area that surrounds the wonderful First Nation sculpture at the airport, a popular place for picture taking.

Although I had heard of Bookcrossing, this is my first book. And I have to admit it has been a remarkable experience. I feel so responsible for the safe journey of this book. I do hope that that lady in the dark brown jacket who saw me place the book near the statue has the curiosity to go see what I put there! She looked like someone who would enjoy it. (My husband said, Why don't you just give her the book? I replied, And have her miss the thrill of discovering it? Couldn't do that.)

CAUGHT IN SYDNEY NEW SOUTH WALES AUSTRALIA