corner corner Auf den Schwingen des Adlers

Auf den Schwingen des Adlers
by Ken Follett | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by Moriquen of Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on 2/25/2009

status (set by turbostitcher): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by Moriquen from Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"Teheran 1978. Noch regiert der Shah, aber die islamischen Revolutionäre gewinnen immer mehr Einfluss und Macht. In dieser gespannten Atmosphäre werden zwei amerikanische Spitzenmanager ohne Angabe von Gründen verhaftet. Ihr Leben schwebt in höchster Gefahr. Um die beiden Gefangenen aus ihrer bedrohlichen Situation zu befreien, schickt ein texanischer Multimillionär seine 'Adler' in den Iran..."

Journal Entry 2 by Moriquen at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, March 06, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (3/6/2009 UTC) at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

On its way to turbostitcher. Thanks for helping me out with my Lifetime Release Challenge!!

Journal Entry 3 by turbostitcher from Arlington, Texas USA on Thursday, March 19, 2009

Received today! I'm going to read this one in an English language version before I pass this copy on to my German speaking friend (he's out of the country right now, anyway).

P.S. I noticed a couple of pages of the photos in the book were loose, so I got out my glue to tip them back in.

Note: This is the cover of this paperback copy.

Journal Entry 4 by turbostitcher from Arlington, Texas USA on Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I just picked up the English language version from my public library.

Note: This is the cover of the library copy.

Journal Entry 5 by turbostitcher from Arlington, Texas USA on Saturday, April 04, 2009

I just finished reading the English language version of this book. I think that I was vaguely aware of this episode in history, but I didn't know much about it. I now have a much higher opinion of Ross Perot. Even though we are fellow Texans, I thought of him mostly as a failed populist presidential candidate.