corner corner The Aviary Gate

by Katie Hickman | Literature & Fiction
Registered by LeighBCD on 2/20/2009

status (set by LeighBCD): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Friday, February 20, 2009

Interesting book about Istanbul which has inspired me to book a trip there. The conclusion was surprising. I liked the interposition of 17th century and modern day Istanbul. The story of the English woman who was sold as a slave into the Sultan's harem is fascinating - who knows if it is based on truth or not?

I will release this book into the wild. If you are new to BookCrossing and find this novel... Welcome! Enjoy the book, the site and the BookCrossing community of book lovers. You can join Bookcrossing, which is free -- or you can remain anonymous. Either way, I hope you make a journal entry for this book letting us know where it is now.

Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it back out "into the wild" for someone else to find like you did.

Thanks and Enjoy!

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD at ReaditSwapit exchanged by post for another book in Read it swap it., readitswapit.co.uk -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (2/24/2009 UTC) at ReaditSwapit exchanged by post for another book in Read it swap it., readitswapit.co.uk -- Controlled Releases

Released in trade - hope all future readers enjoy this book!